Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
SMC DA 35mm f2.4 "Plastic Fantastic," my first autofocus prime.
Opteka 500mm mirror lens... yeah, yeah, I know, but it'll be fun to play with and it's cheap.
Amazon Basics carbon fiber travel tripod. It's considerably more complex than the old Vivitar tripod it replaces but it's extremely compact and light weight.
Neewer macro focusing rack.

12-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
SMC DA 35mm f2.4 "Plastic Fantastic," my first autofocus prime.
Opteka 500mm mirror lens... yeah, yeah, I know, but it'll be fun to play with and it's cheap.
Amazon Basics carbon fiber travel tripod. It's considerably more complex than the old Vivitar tripod it replaces but it's extremely compact and light weight.
Neewer macro focusing rack.
Congratulations. I had that Opteka lens and enjoyed learning on it. Sold it to a fellow overseas who seemed happy with it too. I hope you enjoy yours. Once you have a chance to use it let us know about the Amazon Basics tripod. They're coming out with a variety of items under their label and so far, in my experience, each has been a great value for money - I hope your tripod is as well.
12-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
That being said, I can't blame Santa that he did not bring any Pentax-related stuff. Rightfully he had supposed that I've been given enough during the year.
Santa was good to me and respected my recent simplification.

I did PM on a Pentax RD Mini Red Dot Finder and Xtend-A-Sight for the Q's in the Marketplace this morning. Hope I'm first in line.
12-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Santa was good to me and respected my recent simplification.

I did PM on a Pentax RD Mini Red Dot Finder and Xtend-A-Sight for the Q's in the Marketplace this morning. Hope I'm first in line.
Good luck. After today with the family, simplification sounds good.

12-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #35

I got a sigma 610 super flash, a 10 stop ND filter and shortly before x-mas my demo silver k-3 with grip.
Now that's a great camera! Upgraded from k-5 and the keeper rate is much higher already:-) mostly because the auto focus is much better I think.
12-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MViborg Quote
I got a sigma 610 super flash, a 10 stop ND filter and shortly before x-mas my demo silver k-3 with grip.
Now that's a great camera! Upgraded from k-5 and the keeper rate is much higher already:-) mostly because the auto focus is much better I think.
Congratulations, Merry Christmas.
12-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations, Merry Christmas.
Thank you and right back at you. Happy new year too..

12-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just got these dropped off on my doorstep.

http://media.tumblr.com/10a463b70e0aaa6b9cf11905fffb02b1/tumblr_inline_mjasvqfBZK1qz4rgp.jpg

Yay! More dollies!!!! Actually this is pretty cool because it's the only set of these weird Braztzillaz make your own witch dolls I don't have and this makes a complete set. I love that, having a complete set of little monster dollies is so fun. I finally got my last Monster High Inner Monster too. I've been wanting the Walmart Deluxe one so bad. They have transparent bodies with little emoticons you can swap out and various colored real looking little brains in their heads that you can click and it changes their eyes. They're like creepy little Monster High Blythe dolls. I just love them. I'm totally hoping they make more, in particular a boy doll. I have got to have a boy to go with my girls. These dolls they are just too clever! These have got to be the coolest MH dolls ever. Whoever thought these up was a toy genius!!!

http://media.mattel.com/root/Images/MainImage/BJR23_Monster_High_Inner_Monst...e_Pack_XXX.jpg

This is just the Deluxe pack, but you get the idea.
12-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Merry Christmas. Giottos MM9780 monopod for my new Sigma 150-500, spike feet for my old Manfrotto tripod, lens case for the 150-500, lens pens 3 pack, 86mm UV filter, and a Barnes & Noble gift card from my MIL for photo books
Well doc, it looks like Santa was good to you too:-)
*edit: spelling corrected*

Last edited by MViborg; 12-25-2014 at 02:33 PM.
12-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MViborg Quote
Well doc, it like like Santa was good to you too:-)
Yes, very thoughtful and useful Christmas. I've been using the Monopod already getting used to it, installed the feet on the tripod immediately, cleaned a lens or two, and bought a Bryan Peterson book (I like his style).
12-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had one of my best Christmases in a couple of years. My 8 year old grandson from WA and my 21 month old granddaughter (lives locally) were here and my Visa & Master Card balances are $0.00. My kind of Christmas!
12-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I had one of my best Christmases in a couple of years. My 8 year old grandson from WA and my 21 month old granddaughter (lives locally) were here and my Visa & Master Card balances are $0.00. My kind of Christmas!
Outstanding! Merry Christmas!
12-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In theory I got a new Tamron 70-200...

In practice support for Pentax in NZ sucks so much, that at the last moment (22nd) I heard that Tamron factory is yet to make my lens which won't happen now until end of January! No stock in this part of the world and apparently the distributor does not know what is going on. Would have bought from USA (despite high shipping cost and Warranty return issues) except local prices were for once competitive and I wanted to support the local retailer.

Anyway I had a great Christmas day with the family (and my FA 50 f1.4) - lots of fun.

Merry Christmas everyone!
12-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
In theory I got a new Tamron 70-200...

In practice support for Pentax in NZ sucks so much, that at the last moment (22nd) I heard that Tamron factory is yet to make my lens which won't happen now until end of January! No stock in this part of the world and apparently the distributor does not know what is going on. Would have bought from USA (despite high shipping cost and Warranty return issues) except local prices were for once competitive and I wanted to support the local retailer.

Anyway I had a great Christmas day with the family (and my FA 50 f1.4) - lots of fun.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Sorry for your troubles with the Tamron. I own that lens and its my workhorse for soccer matches. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
12-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Nuthin. I blew the budget for this year and don't care for token stuff. Next year I'm going for the jugular, a lens in 30 to 32 mm range...