Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DIY - Building a Waterproof Camera Housing for Under $150

QuoteQuote:
Building a Waterproof Camera Housing for Under $150

I had a few shoots lined up last summer that I felt would benefit from a splash-proof camera housing or underwater camera housing, but budgets on those shoots just wouldn’t allow for a complete underwater system, and quite frankly, those were probably overkill anyways. I needed something that could shoot split-level photos (above and below water) and I could take out on a paddle board, and not be scared of falling into the lake. A full underwater system retails for $2000+ and around here in Toronto, the local rental houses don’t stock underwater gear (although one of the kind folks at Aquatica in Montreal was willing to rent me his personal housing, but it would have still been over budget). The next option was to look at the EWA-Marine bags. At $350+ the pricing was much more reasonable, but their flat front lens ports were more in line with true underwater photos rather than the split-level photos I had planned.