Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it took well over a year, as I recall, for Flickr to add the K-01 to its camera database... So it does mean that the numbers for the brand overall (which should also include the Q flavors) are indeed fubared.

If you have a Flickr (or Yahoo) account, you can help by voting on the suggestion to add the K-3. That being said, the voting system itself may or may not be functional - I keep getting "We couldn't submit your vote at this time", but that could be because of my slightly unusual browser/OS combination...

EDIT: addendum, BTW, there is a main Pentax Q user group, which has a larger membership that the main K-3 user group...

01-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Yes, it took well over a year, as I recall, for Flickr to add the K-01 to its camera database... So it does mean that the numbers for the brand overall (which should also include the Q flavors) are indeed fubared.

If you have a Flickr (or Yahoo) account, you can help by voting on the suggestion to add the K-3. That being said, the voting system itself may or may not be functional - I keep getting "We couldn't submit your vote at this time", but that could be because of my slightly unusual browser/OS combination...

EDIT: addendum, BTW, there is a main Pentax Q user group, which has a larger membership that the main K-3 user group...
It wouldn't let me sign in with my Yahoo ID that works perfectly well with Flickr. Probably because Yahoo deleted my Yahoo Mail account for inactivity...
01-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I never know what to make of these lists. Doesn't feel like it is terribly accurate and there are a lot of cameras on there that aren't direct competitors of SLRs. Sure, you can take decent photos with a camera phone, but ergonomics are pretty poor and I don't think anyone who is truly interested in photography is going to forgo a interchangeable lens camera just because they have a Samsung Galaxy - whatever the model.

We know that many people use camera phones, but the question is among the folks who want something more, how is that pie divided up. Flickr numbers probably don't tell anything about that.