Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #1

Getting out to shoot more in 2015

Hello all,

It's been sometime since I've posted. Life got very busy in 2014, kids and family... yada yada and hobbies took the back seat. Over the course of the last 4-5 months things have really gained momentum. Three things happened: 1- Started a new job now located in NYC as appose to my former being outside the border of the city. 2- started up an Instagram account and 3- started to make a conscious effort to shoot as much as possible.

An obvious benefit of being in NYC is limitless photo opportunities the city offers. In addition my new office had a group of new DSLR owners who were corralled into an intro to photography class informally setup by a photographer with about 10yrs experience shooting. Mainly does weddings and social events. Being spurred to connect with my new co-workers this seemed like a no brainer. I'm not a beginner but we will all have a similar interest and break the ice much easier.

This by far boosted my shooting and careful study of my images to see what I could do better. As it stands we've had a few "classes" and even homework was assigned. This much needed push coupled with my new job have made me keep my DSLR on me much more.

01-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like you're at a great place in your life! How about sharing some of your photos with us? We'd love to see them!
01-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That's good news. NYC is a subject-rich photographic environment. I work in lower Manhattan.

I don't usually carry a DSLR when commuting but the Ricoh GR really got me shooting a lot more often during the work week. The GR is ideal for unanticipated events and lunchtime street photography. My K-5 only gets carried to work around once a month when I have specific photo plans.

---------- Post added 01-16-15 at 01:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Sounds like you're at a great place in your life! How about sharing some of your photos with us? We'd love to see them!
See the blog and Flickr links in his signature. I already net-stalked him
01-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks! I rarely click on links in sigs, so I missed that. I like looking at actual photos posted on the forum.

01-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Thanks! I rarely click on links in sigs, so I missed that. I like looking at actual photos posted on the forum.
What he said. You can see most of my stuff through my links. Once I get the chance I will upload some of my good stuff. At least what I think is good. lol

---------- Post added 01-16-15 at 08:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
That's good news. NYC is a subject-rich photographic environment. I work in lower Manhattan.

I don't usually carry a DSLR when commuting but the Ricoh GR really got me shooting a lot more often during the work week. The GR is ideal for unanticipated events and lunchtime street photography. My K-5 only gets carried to work around once a month when I have specific photo plans.

---------- Post added 01-16-15 at 01:05 PM ----------

See the blog and Flickr links in his signature. I already net-stalked him
I pack light into the city usually having my lunch and a few daily essentials. So carry my k5 with Tamron 17-50 2.8 was no biggie. Rather like having it at my disposal.

I appreciate you checking my stuff. Seems to be a work in progress. Though Instagram has its reason to be looked down upon, I find it refreshing to connect with fellow photographers (and architects) to inspire and showcase. Through my iPhone with less control over the cameras settings, I tend to focus on composure and the thought behind the capture.

Such as the below:
Instagram
And
Instagram