Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone has buying experience with DigitalRev?

I'm talking about DigitalRev.

In particular, I'm looking to buy the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 lens for K mount. It is $359 on DigitalRev compared to $519 on BH, Adorama and Amazon.

Does anyone has any idea why so much difference in pricing? Has anyone purchased gear from DigitalRev in the past?

Last edited by RonakG; 01-16-2015 at 11:42 AM.
01-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I remember some time ago there was controversy about whether digital rev tv store sells grey market stuff, and what exactly that would mean
01-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That can explain the price difference. And if the lens is grey market, then no warranty either right? If so, I would stay away from them.
01-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

They sell from Honk Kong, so unless you live in HK it's greymarket.
They offer their own Local Warranty.
They have been in business for years, that say's something of their success.
I bought a camcorder from them 5 years ago at a huge saving.

QuoteQuote:
Worldwide Local Warranty
Peace of Mind with Local Warranty & Door-to-Door Warranty

With every purchase, we offer two types of warranties for free.

1. Worldwide Local Warranty

Simply send your product to a local authorised service centre to obtain a repair estimate. Send the estimate to us for approval (we check if the repairs being carried out matches the problems described, and also make sure it is covered by the warranty terms and conditions, e.g. accidental damage is not covered).

Once approved, your product will be serviced and repaired with all the costs paid by us.

2. Door-to-door Warranty

If you prefer a simple laid-back approach and don't mind waiting slightly longer, we offer Door-to-door warranty where we will send a courier to your home to collect the faulty product and have it returned to our global service depot. We'll then handle everything for you and have repaired item returned to you by courier.

This approach may take longer, but you do not have to do anything. Just pack the product in a box and wait for the our courier to pick it up.

An ultra simple return policy to boost:

Our 14 days No Questions Asked Return Policy is really simple

01-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
They sell from Honk Kong, so unless you live in HK it's greymarket.
They offer their own Local Warranty.
They have been in business for years, that say's something of their success.
I bought a camcorder from them 5 years ago at a huge saving.
Thanks. I've decided to stay away from them and get my lens from authorized seller. The policy they have would probably work out for local buyers in HK I guess.
01-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Their site lists a lot of Pentax lenses as discontinued. I wonder if that means they have discontinued carrying them or if they think they know something we don't.
01-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have bought equipment from the in the past. Shipped FedEx and arrived amazingly quick considering it was coming from the other side of the world. With shipping and turn around as fast as it is I really don't care if I have to ship it to Hong Kong for service. Anyway. I ordered the Sony 55mm F/1.8 FE from them because it was $300 cheaper. They shipped it the same day and I had it in 5 days. Nobody calls and tries to up sell you. Better than dealing with some of the NYC dealers and because of the time difference, I can order at 8:00 PM my time and still get it shipped that day..... technically it was tomorrow there so they shipped it the day before I ordered it..... That's pretty fast service.

01-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
so they shipped it the day before I ordered it.....
Now that is fast service!