Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #1

Urgent Help. Attn: Nanaimo Pentaxians and Vancouver Island Pentaxians

Hello Pentaxians, I am in need of some help...our house got broken in over a week ago and some of our stuff got stolen particularly my photography and video gear.
They took my Pentax K-5 with 5 lenses in the bag and videography gear consisting of my JVC GC-PX100 camera, Tascam DR-60D Linear PCM recorder, and a set of Sennheiser EW 112p G3 wireless Lav mic system.

I'm calling all Nanaimo Pentaxians or Vancouver Island Pentaxians if they can help me. I don't think I can recover them all or any at all, but what I can ask is if anyone see these items for sale in local or out of town pawn shops or local ad listings
such as usednanaimo.com or craigslist please contact me and I can forward it to the RCMP to help with the investigation.

I'm sad and shocked of what happened, I've forgiven those people who broke in and stole our stuff. But it's more of a hassle now going through insurance and not having a camera at all plus the video gear that I use for my volunteer work.
Thank you hope someone can respond.

01-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So sorry to hear this. If you have a list of the serial numbers, you can post them in local ads and pawn shops. Hopefully some of your equipment can be recovered. Please keep us posted.
01-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not home, but my bro lives in Vic and is also a Pentaxian. I'll pass this along to him so he can keep an eye out on the Peninsula
01-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get the serial numbers etc to Kerrisdale Cameras in case someone tries selling them

01-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies...unfortunately I don't have any serial numbers at all, I never thought of keeping them.
01-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of things, please list the specific lenses that you lost, that way we can keep an eye out for the missing equipment. Secondly if you have kept any of your original documentation i.e. original packaging, there is often s/n information on the lens and camera boxes. I live in Courtenay just north of you and will check around some of the local pawn shops etc., but I need to know what lenses I'm looking for.

---------- Post added 01-28-2015 at 09:34 AM ----------

Another thought, any idea which filters you had on the lenses? make an type for each? Just a thought.
01-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am in Nanaimo as well. There are some local Facebook groups you should cross post this to. Message me if you need info. I will keep an eye out as well.
01-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
A couple of things, please list the specific lenses that you lost, that way we can keep an eye out for the missing equipment. Secondly if you have kept any of your original documentation i.e. original packaging, there is often s/n information on the lens and camera boxes. I live in Courtenay just north of you and will check around some of the local pawn shops etc., but I need to know what lenses I'm looking for.

---------- Post added 01-28-2015 at 09:34 AM ----------

Another thought, any idea which filters you had on the lenses? make an type for each? Just a thought.
The Specific items stolen are:

PHOTO
-Pentax K-5 with firmware ver. 1.16 I think, my name is embedded in the copyright section of it unless it has been formatted to factory default. Also with a D-BG4 battery grip.
-Pentax smc DA 18-55mm WR lens
-Pentax smc FA 80-320mm zoom lens
-Pentax smc F 50mm AF f1.7 prime lens with a HOYA UV filter and rubber retractable hood
-Pentax smc M 50mm f1.7 prime lens
-Sigma 28mm f2.8 mini-wide II prime lens
-KATA 123-GO-30 Backpack/Sling Camera bag - Black colour
-Various lower end kind of ND and CPL filters, as well as Cokin type filters
-Lots of SD memory cards branded Sandisk, Verbatim, Duracell ranging from 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, & 32GB sizes
-Cleaning tools, straps, and remote shutter cable release, macro extension tubes, Grey card/Colour Card
- 4 iShoot wireless flash trigger - transmitter

VIDEO
-JVC procision GC-PX100B HD Everio Camcorder
-Lowepro Compact AW Shoulder camera bag - Black colour
-Tascam DR-60D Linear PCM Audio recorder
-2 Sennheiser EW 112p G3 Wireless Lav Mic System

my kids' camera
-Fuji XP60 Waterproof digital camera - blue colour

There are more items but I keep this specific to Photography and Video equipment

Thank you Pentaxians for your response, I'm glad I'm in this photography community that we have at Pentax Forums.

---------- Post added 01-29-15 at 01:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistlefoot Quote
I am in Nanaimo as well. There are some local Facebook groups you should cross post this to. Message me if you need info. I will keep an eye out as well.
@Mistlefoot: I don't use facebook anymore, but I can authorize you to go ahead and post the inquiry out there, the stolen items are listed. Thank you for your help.