Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just want to add to my experience also, I am just getting out in the juried competition thing, something I have never done and want to do just for the experience. The group I switched to seemed very interesting in listing exhibitions, having people help with matting and framing, having people critique entries, etc. I know not everyone wants to do that, but I think it is nice to have that option, other than having a speaker all the time. And frankly, I know with a wide range of people, when you constantly have meetings on the 'basics', then a lot of people with more experience will not attend. I am not saying by any means I know everything, but I am not going to attend a meeting on using different camera modes and then next month attend a meeting on the critiquing of photos that were taken using topics learned in the last meeting. There are were some great photographers in the group, but they never spoke on more advanced topics. The other group seemed to understand that were a range of people and had discussions on all sorts of topics.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, club, clubs, idea, passion, photography, photography clubs, president, programs