Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Ricoh service

There are lots of stories here of camera body or lens service gone bad, the reorganizing of the service providers and the like. My experience with Pentax Canada has been very good, the last time less than a month turn around including two trips across the country.

My question is how is Ricoh service in their other lines of business? I see lots of midrange printers and copiers in the various places I do business, and they need to work. Are they structuring the imaging service in the same way?

04-25-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
most of that generally gets outsourced. When I lived in ohio back in 1999/2000 I had a roommate who worked for one such company. These days it's probably stll much the same.
04-26-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I believe that the service model is entirely different, with many local businesses providing authorized Ricoh copier service. Part of that is just practicality - nobody wants to ship a 500lb copier to one location in each country for service. But it might also be an indication that virtually all Ricoh copiers are used by businesses, while only a very tiny percentage of Ricoh/Pentax cameras are. As far as I know, even for professionals, Ricoh doesn't have a support program like Nikon or Canon has. Even not being a professional, I can send my low-dollar Tamron lens in for service, and it gets turned around in three business days, for no charge during it's six-year warranty period. I know that personally I would have purchased more Pentax photo equipment if there weren't so many reports of problems with service, such short warranty periods, and so many issues of poor quality control.
04-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
s far as I know, even for professionals, Ricoh doesn't have a support program like Nikon or Canon has.
There is the Pentax Professional Services program available for 645d/z owners. It appears to have been renamed the Ricoh Advantage program. The link on the US Ricoh Imaging site has been replaced to a "Coming Soon" page but earlier this year there was a registration form and two levels of service - Silver and Platinum as I recall. I looked for pricing information or what the difference was between the levels but there was nothing (and even less now).

Digital Cameras by RICOH IMAGING

If you purchased a 645d/z you should have received a letter inviting you into the PPS program. The requirement is that you derive 51% or more of you income through photography. Otherwise you can call the Pentax/Ricoh customer service number and ask about the Pentax Professional Service program - but it looks like it is being renamed and revamped as the Ricoh Advantage program. PPS used to be free.

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-26-2015 at 05:31 PM.