Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2015, 02:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your website

I'm interested in knowing how many of you maintain public websites or submit to places like Flickr, 500px, etc. where other members can view your work. And do you provide links to those sites in your profiles? If not, why not? Thanks

04-28-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Lots of us use outside sites to share our photos. I personally use flickr and it's in my signature, where it can be perused by others. Personal websites can only be noted in your signature. I haven't had a personal site in 15 years.
04-28-2015, 03:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I do use Behance for some month now-I like the option it gives for sharing projects with one click to other social media like flikr,facebook, google+ etc. You can see it in my signature
04-28-2015, 03:36 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm happy to hear that. I guess my frustration is it seems very few of those who have web links to their images make it easy to access. As an example photolady95, your weblink is not in your profile. There are many times I want to see what a user shoots. It appears very very few people link their sites to their profiles here.

Attached Images

04-28-2015, 04:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a 500px thing. I think most people simply have their website in the signature, a little link to click instead of the forum's profile thing
04-28-2015, 05:03 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I've been using Smugmug for about two years. It's a great website, easy to configure, unlimited storage, but it's not geared towards discovery like FlickR or 500px. It's really more of a photography business website. It's in my signature also.
04-28-2015, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pursang Quote
I'm happy to hear that. I guess my frustration is it seems very few of those who have web links to their images make it easy to access. As an example photolady95, your weblink is not in your profile. There are many times I want to see what a user shoots. It appears very very few people link their sites to their profiles here.
It's in her signature below every post in the forum she makes. Have you turned signatures off? This option is under My Account > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Show Signatures

I use flickr, link in my signature

04-28-2015, 05:22 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess my frustration is it seems very few of those who have web links to their images make it easy to access.
It's much easier if it is in my signature, then folks don't have to click twice to see my flickr photos. If it were in my profile, you'd have to click "view profile" then click on the link. With it in my signature, all you have to do is click that link.
04-28-2015, 06:14 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I post to Flickr for sharing, I think it works pretty well. I submit photos to several groups there as well, which is its real strength.
Of course, some go on Facebook too.

Link in signature.
04-28-2015, 06:38 AM   #10

Web site & posting

I'm interested in knowing how many of you maintain public websites or submit to places like Flickr, 500px, etc. where other members can view your work. And do you provide links to those sites in your profiles? If not, why not? Thanks
I do

Butterbays.com

https://500px.com/psmorvik
04-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I've chosen a photo gallery on Blogger. The fact that Flickr now asks for a cell phone number to open an account was a no go for me. Anyway, I don't really like the generic look of the photo gallery sites like Flick/500px... I prefer the highly personal customization allowed by Blogger. Of course, I certainly don't have as much hits as I would have on Flickr, but I don't really care. At least, it's my gallery and it looks and feels different than the generic galleries on Flickr-like websites. When people visit it, they know where they are.
04-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a smugmug website linked to a personal website Frog out of Water Photography (and it's listed in my profile).
04-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks you guys! I'm going to check out your work!
04-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I have my own site at ascenicworld.com, but it's more a portfolio/blog. All my regular work gets posted to flickr.
04-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I maintain my own website. It is more of a blog for family and friends (we're in Texas and most family is in the Northeast or Midwest) rather than photo specific. But more photo-speciifc pages are being added as my skills and equipment improve.

It really doesn't cost much ($100-$150 per year), and I totally control everything about it. I don't have to join anything or make a profile or any of that stuff. If I want to delete things, I can.

I use a service called Weebly, but there are many others, such as Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, etc.

You can see my site at Travels With Linda.