Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2015, 06:21 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I second asking about whether or not you are currently training the next generation. I totally dread the idea that you won't be around someday. I sincerely wish you the longest and healthiest life ever but nobody lives forever and who will there be to clean and repair these fine old cameras if not you? Also, how are you doing these days? Whenever I see a post about or for you I wonder and hope you are doing okay. It was very hard for my Dad when he lost my Mom. I have a lot of respect for you the way you have carried on since. You are a true professional, sir...

06-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rkappleby Quote
Any idea when this interview is to happen?
Just an FYI that the interview date slipped. My dog had a veterinary emergency and is still in recovery. Although he's doing well enough that I could have gone this weekend, I pushed the interview back when it looked like he was going to need to be carried around everywhere for a few weeks or longer. The interview's been rescheduled for late September after my busy season at work.
06-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
And Eric Hendrickson is who?....
A legend in the fraternity of film photography. He, like a handful of other repair technicians, possesses the special knowledge to routinely service a particular brand of vintage camera. In this case, the brand is Pentax. Eric is able to expertly service and repair cameras and lenses spanning more than forty years of Asahi/Pentax history. He is the go-to man for users on this site and fields repair inquiries from all over the world.

As I said, he is a legend.

Steve
06-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Start with a big THANK YOU from a happy customer and "You are forbidden to ever become sick, old or dying."
My question is: Do you do all the work yourself or do you have help? Are you passing the knowledge torch?
What he said...

Steve

06-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Due to the love fest most folks have with Eric, I won't go into detail - other than to say my experience working with him has been quite unpleasant.
...and why does that comment belong here? Unless, of course, you want the interviewer to ask him about your repair and what went wrong.

Steve
06-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What he said...

Steve
As a follow-up to Ismael's comment, I am curious as to whether he is thinking about retiring in full.

Steve
06-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #37
Veteran Member

A few people have asked about parts availability...

Would Eric want or need donated film camera bodies?
Or "for parts" lenses?

I'm sure plenty of us have some older bodies that we'll never CLA or use, if it was of benefit to Eric and thus the Pentax community perhaps they could be donated to the cause.
Might be worth asking the question?

Cheers
Dean

Last edited by Dean Bradshaw; 06-19-2015 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Grammar
06-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

scheduled?

This has been up for several months. When is the interview scheduled?
06-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #39

Have you seen a resurgence/decline in film photography use the past few years?
06-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This has been up for several months. When is the interview scheduled?
See below

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Just an FYI that the interview date slipped. My dog had a veterinary emergency and is still in recovery. Although he's doing well enough that I could have gone this weekend, I pushed the interview back when it looked like he was going to need to be carried around everywhere for a few weeks or longer. The interview's been rescheduled for late September after my busy season at work.
06-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
06-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #42
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I second asking about whether or not you are currently training the next generation. I totally dread the idea that you won't be around someday. I sincerely wish you the longest and healthiest life ever but nobody lives forever and who will there be to clean and repair these fine old cameras if not you?
By suggesting he train someone, this is simply putting added weight onto someone who doesn't need it, no?
06-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
By suggesting he train someone, this is simply putting added weight onto someone who doesn't need it, no?
I agree.
06-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Perhaps another way to phrase it would be...
"Is there any point in the future you see where you might retire entirely from doing this?"
Follow up..
"If you ever retire, do you know anyone that might be able to take on the void this would create?"

Frankly not asking some form of this question would be irresponsible. Not publishing it would be an editorial or writer decision based on the relationship with the subject of the interview and the outcome of the conversation.
06-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #45

Can't wait to read this interview.

+1 to Dean Bradshaw: I would ask if he needs/accepts bodies and lenses "for parts".