Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Most Used / Highest rated camera brands on 500px

I just discovered this article: https://iso.500px.com/that-most-used-cameras-stat-sharing-sites-like-promoti...-full-of-holes

Here are the highest rated photos by brand of camera used to capture them:
1. Pentax
2. Nikon
3. Canon
4. Olympus
5. Sony

Go Pentax!

05-03-2015, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I loved the lowest rated list. Nice to see Leica made the bottom five

The 500px Prime list is also most telling.

I was somewhat amused by the banner photo of the frozen photog in sandals and blue jeans. Not the brightest bulb in the pack, I'd say.

Steve
05-03-2015, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Hah, interesting!
One excuse for the other brands could be that they sell a lot of lower end cameras to uninterested amateurs (while Pentax' lower end is still fairly good, and Pentax mostly gets chosen by people who do their research and are motivated). But on the other hand, those brands should have a lot more "pro" photographers, at least according to popular myth (Pentax has no FF, etc.).
I'll just say that I have seen lots of really great Pentax users on 500px.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I was somewhat amused by the banner photo of the frozen photog in sandals and blue jeans. Not the brightest bulb in the pack, I'd say.
Haha seriously, why is he wearing sandals? Did winter creep up on him?? And look at his lens, its stuffed with snow. And besides, how many non-Pentax cameras could you take into that kind of weather? Probably a studio shoot
05-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hah, interesting!
One excuse for the other brands could be that they sell a lot of lower end cameras to uninterested amateurs (while Pentax' lower end is still fairly good, and Pentax mostly gets chosen by people who do their research and are motivated). But on the other hand, those brands should have a lot more "pro" photographers, at least according to popular myth (Pentax has no FF, etc.).
I'll just say that I have seen lots of really great Pentax users on 500px.

Haha seriously, why is he wearing sandals? Did winter creep up on him?? And look at his lens, its stuffed with snow. And besides, how many non-Pentax cameras could you take into that kind of weather? Probably a studio shoot
It is a little odd, considering that I view people who upload to 500px as being a little more discerning already, as compared to the average instagram/facebook user -- quality of photos seems, on average, quite a bit better than Flickr.

Still, in the end it is about the photographer, not the camera or even the lens.

05-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Haha seriously, why is he wearing sandals? Did winter creep up on him??
I was going to say he was probably from Oregon but then he would be wearing shorts as well
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Nothing like wet blue jeans in a snow storm to make you comfy.
05-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

"That 'Most Used Cameras' Stat Sharing Sites Like Promoting is Full of Holes"

I'm a native English speaker, but for the life of me I can't figure this headline out.
05-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
"That 'Most Used Cameras' Stat Sharing Sites Like Promoting is Full of Holes"

I'm a native English speaker, but for the life of me I can't figure this headline out.
I understood it. After I read it 3 or 4 times.

05-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I understood it. After I read it 3 or 4 times.
LOL! My thoughts as well.
05-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Whoa, I just got it! Go me