Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Sometimes I wonder

Just a couple of days ago, one of my good friend and favorite model sent me a screen grab of a photo she found online and asked me if we could do the same.

Fair enough, took a couple minutes to figure out the lighting and the camera settings and then it hit me... The picture seemed familiar.

Fired up Aperture, browsed to her photo album and bam, although not identical, we already did a very similar photoshoot about a year ago.

I asked her to check on her phone and see if I did include a specific pictures looking just about the same as the one she wanted when I gave her the final images. And there it was. Less than a year and already forgotten.

The photoshoot in question lasted about 3 hours, a bunch of "wardrobe" changes and a lot of fiddling around with the strobes and the poses (it was a risqué theme and we didn't want to show too much). Once this was done, we ended up with about 400 photos out of which we got 50ish keepers. She selected about 20 that she really like (including the picture mentioned above) and I went full glamour, front page of Elle retouching, removing stray hair and odd eyelashes and the such and making sure I nailed the WB and the skin tones, tweaked the exposure and adjust everything to perfection, the whole nine yards. For a total of I'd say 15 hours.

But now I wonder. Why do I even bother? Photoshoots aren't what they used to be, now with digital it has become so cheap and easy it almost feels like the whole thing has lost a bit of its meaning.

Luckily I enjoy taking photographs, there isn't a single day I don't take at least one photo, not always keepers but it keeps me busy. And photoshoots are fun, we always have a blast. I wonder if for some people having their photos taken is more about the shoot itself rather than getting the images at the end?

Anyway, I though I'd share this little story after I stumbled upon this picture on the interwebz, it's kind of true... I'm not quite sure if it's funny or sad however?

Attached Images

05-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

hahaha...close to it or video or selfie of baby in a burning building................
05-12-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sad but true. How many film blowups do I have in boxes, and how many 8x10 or greater since going digital?
Not counting images that look like 8x10 blowups on my monitor