Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Google+

Looking for feedback, what is your take on Google+? Is it a bad thing to display your work there?

05-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fotosbyjules Quote
Looking for feedback, what is your take on Google+? Is it a bad thing to display your work there?
Why would it be bad to display there?
05-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
I think it's fine. Depending on your circle of people, it may or may not get the exposure you're looking for. Facebook had already established such a foothold in social media, that it never seemed to have really taken off. I'm basing this off of the people that I know, so maybe your situation is different. If you have a large contact circle. I don't see how it could ever be a bad thing. More exposure for your work
05-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It gives you quite a bit of free space. I've been using it for years, originally when it was Picasa before Google owned it.

05-18-2015, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Google+ has a user?
05-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
It gives you quite a bit of free space. I've been using it for years, originally when it was Picasa before Google owned it.
I'm still using Picasa but I'm not on Google+

Maybe it's me, but I don't think Picasa works very well with Pentax images. However, that's not an issue as I tend to use it just to hold pics I might use to illustrate a forum post.
05-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I'm still using Picasa but I'm not on Google+

Maybe it's me, but I don't think Picasa works very well with Pentax images. However, that's not an issue as I tend to use it just to hold pics I might use to illustrate a forum post.
I don't use Picasa much anymore other than for online posting. I was posting my images on the old Picasa online site and have continued since it was merged into Google +. Back then, they limited you to 2GB of free storage and you had to pay $5 a year to bump it up to 20GB. Now, I think they give you 50GB for free. It's as easy as it gets for online posting since the Picasa organizer automatically finds your photos. The keepers I export into separate folders and I just enable the "sync" feature and my shots are uploaded. I also use it as an additional backup solution.

05-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fotosbyjules Quote
If you are tagging for traffic its a good site to use since Google search will obviously pick it up.
05-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
osv
Veteran Member

you want a google+ account to be used as part of a web strategy, linking it back to your website, fb, etc., because it'll probably help with those rankings in the search results.

but it won't drive much traffic by itself, because no one is using it, so don't put much effort into it: Google+ Active Users - Business Insider

instagram has over 300 million active users, so it's a good place to get your photos seen.