Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2015, 06:11 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I shot apartment building exteriors for one of those rental magazines. Used a Canon because it was what I had, with a 24mm. Fujichrome 100 was provided by the magazine. They scanned B&W off the magenta, I think. Started at $16 per location, then I asked for and got $20. I could organize shoots by general area when possible, but gas was on me.

05-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

they don't know what they are talking about most of the time, like I mentioned earlier a photographer came on a lightroom user board for help when the real estate agent said that the picture was "blown out" No one had a clue what she meant. So the photographer asked again and she said the highlights were blown, which they were not at all, the picture was perfectly exposed, it was just to 'white' for the agents liking (because of the white granite countertop and white cabinets)

I have seen requirement that they must shot in HDR, or Hi-Def (not sure what hi-def photography is put apparently someone said so they can use it for videos for the walk throughs)

All they basically want is someone who knows who to meter so as not to blow out the windows, so they can show the view from the room too. And get the whole room in the shot.

I am going to guess this is probably what someone else has and they just looked at their stuff.
05-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
the add was changed by the time I got to see it, so I couldn't understand what the point of the thread was,
Same here, I didn't see anything wrong with the post here. Didn't know it had been revised.

On a side note; I've seen real estate ads that are deplorable! Images are fuzzy, not even capturing the main selling points. Probably a realtor taking the pictures themselves, rather than hiring someone with experience.
05-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I sold my last house, I tossed the images the realtor took and provided her with my own images.I'm guessing, this realtor has worked out a way to do what he wants. He/she would like someone else to do it so he can concentrate on selling. But if worst come to worst, he can show you exactly what he does with his equipment. Although, I'm sure if you came up with something better, no one will be more thrilled than him/her.

There are lot's of clever folks that work out unconventional work flows from scratch.

05-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a friend point out that a local realtor was using my photos on his MLS listings. Not of properties but of the local scenery.
I contacted him and he played dumb "Oh really? I can't just use these?". I was irritated but remained calm and professional. Later he hired me to shoot head shots of his staff.
05-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
When I sold my last house, I tossed the images the realtor took and provided her with my own images.I'm guessing, this realtor has worked out a way to do what he wants. He/she would like someone else to do it so he can concentrate on selling. But if worst come to worst, he can show you exactly what he does with his equipment. Although, I'm sure if you came up with something better, no one will be more thrilled than him/her.

There are lot's of clever folks that work out unconventional work flows from scratch.
when I sold my father's house even though i could have done the interior and exterior shots that's what the realtor gets paid for. the only photos i gave the realtor were color shots from when the house was built 60 years ago so people could see the difference in the neighborhood
05-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

The ad isnt from a real estate agent, its from a marketing firm who does advanced marketing for the real estate industry. I assumed earlier that it was from an agent too. They advertise as hiring the
Best photographers and industry veterans PlanOmatic | Services

Funny enough the photographer in the picture is using a canon. And the strap is backwards??

05-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
Veteran Member

It was changed before I saw the canon requirement as well.

Here is a little story of where I live now. Short version. The pics of the place I live now were taken with a potato. It was vacant 5 months. Was not even going to look at it as there was " nice " places in the same price. Decided at the last minute to look. Turns out it was a three level townhouse for the price of two level ( bottom floor finished just no hvac). It is also right beside the best ( public) school in the area. Several private schools used it as their model. Made an offer for 10 percent less plus closing costs. Agreed to 6 percent off and closing costs. A 5 bedroom two living rooms two fire places for the same monthly price as a one bedroom apartment down the street.

Let me emphasize vacant 5 months in a popular area because of the thumbnail potato pics ( in my opinion). Made the offer on the spot right then and there before somebody else got lucky.
05-22-2015, 04:52 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I recently bought a house, but had been looking for a property for a couple of years (no great rush to move). What I used to enjoy most was looking at the images of new properties on-line, then going to see the actual property and comparing my "impressions" against the reality. Some of the photographs were very creative (one trick was to photoshop blue skies and clouds outside the windows when all you could really see was next doors fence) but what always got me was how they managed to magic a small living space into an image of a majestic ballroom! The dimensions just didn't seem to fit, or were smoothed out to hide the blemishes. The house I ended up buying had a drive which appeared to be a gentle slope but in reality was like the north face of the Eiger the first time I went up it! I just don't know how they do it
05-22-2015, 08:24 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by condor27596 Quote
It was changed before I saw the canon requirement as well.
Oh ok. I was starting having doubt about my mental sanity
05-24-2015, 05:51 AM   #26
Veteran Member

The ipad requirement is explained if you click through to the application form, it's used to make an interactive floor plan so there must be some ipad specific app. Given the equipment requirements and camera know-how, they hopefully pay accordingly.
05-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I applied for one of those jobs once and they wanted me to buy a special tripod so that I could take panoramic views of the homes listed in their catalogs. The tripod was about $1300+ which they would deduct from every pay-check. So essentially for the firs few weeks you would be working for free. The gas allotment was also meager, so I turned it down. However this might be a new company that does things differently than the one I mentioned.
05-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
I applied for one of those jobs once and they wanted me to buy a special tripod so that I could take panoramic views of the homes listed in their catalogs. The tripod was about $1300+ which they would deduct from every pay-check. So essentially for the firs few weeks you would be working for free. The gas allotment was also meager, so I turned it down. However this might be a new company that does things differently than the one I mentioned.
I did so many of those in Italy when I had my real estate agency - http://www.gabrielecripezzi.com/panos/guinigi-spa/

These were done with a Nikon D300 and a fish-eye + tripod head (from USA) and the software, of course.
05-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
The part that I noticed that I thought is a little dumb is the requirement for an iPad2. Why would you need an iPad?
And if you're wondering, the iPad 1 is stuck at iOS 5.x. Lots of new apps can't run on it. I have it and my bank app as well as stuff like Flickr won't install because developers only have to support the newest version of iOS. It's easier for them to say "iPad 2" than "iPad with latest version of iOS" since not everyone may know what that means.