Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic!
06-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, LensRentals.com is putting a lot of work into these tests. I am impressed by the methodology and its real world emphasis.
06-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Impressive! The retailers won't do this type of testing for obvious reasons. Others, like Photozone, can't get enough copies of the lenses. A lens rental business can do this with no repercussions from the manufacturers. He isn't getting paid to blog this, but I'll bet it will be a Trojan Horse in that the business gets a better following. Note: I've used Lens Rentals before and am not associated with the company.

06-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I believe they sell their used stock from time to time. Having this data on hand would certainly ease used purchase anxity. Hell, there would be a market in buying in bulk, testing, then selling a "tested" lens at a premium for those that don't want to play the exchange/warrenty game with other retailers/manufacturer.