Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

08-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
Rain and Mist
great series Stephen. love the atmosphere.

---------- Post added 08-27-2015 at 08:59 AM ----------

mikeSF, I love the second one with the spray in front of the sun.
08-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Niagara falls, 2011-but wait, the only weather protection my K-r had was a plastic bag, and it still works just fine! I look forward to having a Pentax with WP some day, but I still wouldn't take any chances with it in a rainstorm.

08-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not very dramatic, but I would have never gone out on the mud flats and puddles with the DA 15 ... here the DA 18-55 WR on K-3 ... xpost

08-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
That first series reminds me of a series shot by a guy shooting sunset spray in continuous mode adjacent to Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, Oregon. The first several frames were pretty spectacular surf stuff followed by a several that were all foam with tripod legs all akimbo barely visible through the bubbles. The next couple were clearly underwater and then nothing. Rumor was that the camera and lens (high end Canon) were both a total loss.

The mantra around here is to never turn your back on the surf and if you are doing photography, an assistant to watch the waves is not a bad idea.

Steve
08-27-2015, 06:34 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few months back there was a major fire down the road from my house. It is in an abandoned factory built over 100 years ago. It happened around 9:30PM as I was getting ready for bed. After I heard the fifth and sixth fire truck I knew something was seriously wrong. I decided to grab my camera and see what was going on.

This was what I saw crossing the railroad tracks.The spray from the fire trucks was over everything. Luckily I had the 16-50 on the K3.

Then out came the big boom truck over the tracks, by now I had my camera on a tripod.

Flames were getting intense so I decided it was best to move.

The firefighters were working hard.

At this point I decided to go around to the front of the building were it was safer. There was a guy with another camera brand standing way back. He said I probably did not want to get too close, I said it's OK it's a Pentax. By the time I got this shot I was pretty wet.

The building was a total loss but luckily no one was hurt. The fire started from some work being done inside. Recently new owners had bought the old building to convert it into restaurants and shopping stores. It is too bad everyone was excited about the old building getting restored again. Now we just have an empty lot. I always give credit to the brave men and women who risk their lives putting these fires out. This a highly residential area and could have turned into a disaster.

Michael
08-29-2015, 04:39 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taken in Japan on a fine winter's evening.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 04-05-2016 at 09:53 PM.
09-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #38

Took this yesterday from a kayak. K-50 w/ 55-300 was in a dry bag while paddling, but took it out when we spotted the otter.

At a rainy protest against police violence in Oakland, CA

Lent to my 12-yo cousin during a snowball fight. Her dad looked at me and said "kiss your camera goodbye".

I love having a camera I don't have to baby. Worst case? I'm out the body, and get to upgrade to a K-S2.