Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Salt of the Earth

Highly recommend this film: Salt of the Earth about photographer Sebastião Salgado and his work....

"For the last 40 years, the photographer Sebastião Salgado has been travelling through the continents, in the footsteps of an ever-changing humanity. He has witnessed some of the major events of our recent history; international conflicts, starvation and exodus. He is now embarking on the discovery of pristine territories, of wild fauna and flora, and of grandiose landscapes as part of a huge photographic project which is a tribute to the planet's beauty."

Trailer

07-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #2

I have chills from that trailer. Many thanks for the recommendation! I will have to keep an eye out for it...
07-25-2015, 03:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

My GF and her bro, a very keen photographer, went to see it last week and said it is stunningly good. I am going next week.
07-25-2015, 06:23 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Saw an exhibition of his impressive "Genesis" pictures this month. Do you know when the film is coming to cinemas?

07-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks for the recommendation!
07-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geedee Quote
Do you know when the film is coming to cinemas?
Looks like it was in Germany last year... It's available for streaming on Amazon and the physical forms can be purchased there...

I don't want to give anything away but there is such a depth to this film in what this man and his wife have done with their lives... A remarkable story.