Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 81 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I know what you are talking about.
The problem is that in photography, success often comes by being pushy. Not by making good photos, but by convincing people that you make good photos, by behaving as if you make good photos. If you are meek, you can take some really great photos, and few people will notice, and fewer people will financially reward.
Honestly this apply to everything in life. If you provide some acceptable results in your domain, have good relations and push yourself you can go very very far. If you are truely great but lack the social skills, you may be recognized only by few people.

09-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm an INTJ personality type - if I hate everyone, at least I have an excuse for it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I still reckon his issues could be addressed surgically
Or with an ice pick.

Last edited by Digitalis; 09-05-2015 at 11:45 PM.
09-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm an INTJ personality type - if I hate everyone, at least I have an excuse for it.
That summary should be required reading for anyone who works with Myers Briggs.
09-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Ha - my wife and I both have this label - we lead a very quiet household and everyone else can go jump...

09-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently carried my Pentax into the office and laid it on my credenza, intending to catch some sidewalk cafe shots or whatever else I saw at lunch time. One of my co-workers saw it, stepped in unbidden, and regaled me with tales of his 5d and some white L zoom lens lens he and his wife bought. Which was just fine - I'd seen his documentary shots and some very nice landscapes from Colorado, so good for him.

Right up until he declared my Pentax stuff OK for a hobby, and the qualitty of my work didn't really matter since its just for fun, but he and his wife had decided to invest in the best - after all, he said, these moments with their children will never come again.

There are jerks everywhere and always have been. What's changed is loss of self restraint and cordiality, brought on I think by the relative impersonality and anonymity of the internet. People talk self-centered trash because they type self-centered trash, because their smart phones don't talk back.

I just said, "right." and picked up the phone.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-05-2015 at 09:16 PM.
09-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
but he and his wife had decided to invest in the best
I would have told them that Canon wasn't the best, and tell them about Leica...hehe
09-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would have told them that Canon wasn't the best, and tell them about Leica...hehe
I considered such as that, but it was a trifle, and he was not long for our employ anyway.

09-06-2015, 04:35 AM   #83
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I considered such as that, but it was a trifle, and he was not long for our employ anyway.
Silly of him to say that when you were doing his performance review! ☺
09-06-2015, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice to see there is some justice in the world. I personally think elitism especially focused something as petty as camera brands is a waste of time and energy. I use many different cameras from different makers, no one camera does everything I need without making a compromise of some kind, so I use multiple systems.