Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

A faulty PSU cable? Ouch.

I also thought two of my drives died, but in the end it was just my PSU that was dying of old age, despite being a Seasonic. One should replace the PSU every 5-7 years or so...

I have a 3 TB WD too... it died after a month. They replaced it for me, of course, but the data on it was gone. Fortunately the important part of it I had a backup. But do keep in mind that new drives tend to die. Basically unless you physically abuse your drive it will either die within a few months or only after many years. Keep that in mind when using a new drive.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
backups, card, drive, photography, storage, storage squeeze