09-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Camera that forbids boring pictures

This Camera Keeps You from Taking Boring Photos | The Creators Project

09-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice feature.

For a moment I thought it was going to be Ken Rockwell and his legendary world-conquering D40 and 70-200 VR combo.
09-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

something else to use up your data limit. It probably sends every photo you take to a website. Which means you no longer have control over your photos. Your photos can become public domain automatically. And even If it just uses location and direction to determine ,the subject, It is still flawed. No two photos are exactly alike. Different cameras, lenses, different lighting and shadows, different position within the shot, all make for a somewhat unique photo. I do not care how many people have taken similar photos. the photos I take are unique, in that I took them. And no software is going to tell me otherwise.
09-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
something else to use up your data limit. It probably sends every photo you take to a website. Which means you no longer have control over your photos. Your photos can become public domain automatically. And even If it just uses location and direction to determine ,the subject, It is still flawed. No two photos are exactly alike. Different cameras, lenses, different lighting and shadows, different position within the shot, all make for a somewhat unique photo. I do not care how many people have taken similar photos. the photos I take are unique, in that I took them. And no software is going to tell me otherwise.
It doesn't "do" anything, it is just a goofy concept. Don't take it too seriously. Obviously, you would not buy such a thing anyway. (You can probably get an app that does the same thing on your phone already.)

09-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nihilist.
09-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Nice feature.

For a moment I thought it was going to be Ken Rockwell and his legendary world-conquering D40 and 70-200 VR combo.
Now, now. Ken Rockwell's best lens is whatever lens he's talking about that isn't made by sigma and hasn't actively pissed him off in some way. It's the best site to go to if you shoot Nikon and you need to prevent buyers' remorse, because almost every lens there is the best.

---------- Post added 09-09-15 at 08:46 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure big brother isn't going to make you use one, Joe.
09-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It doesn't "do" anything, it is just a goofy concept. Don't take it too seriously. Obviously, you would not buy such a thing anyway. (You can probably get an app that does the same thing on your phone already.)
no I would not buy such a thing. No I do not take it very seriously. But with so many companies trying to download everything we do, every keystroke and mouse click, it is difficult not to take your privacy seriously. Even Microsoft last month put out four updates that supposedly improve the something or another on your system. What it really did, is allow them to bypass your firewall settings and download everything you do on your computer. the intrusive tactics Has become a big problem. Everyone wants your data. and if you do not believe me, go to

Microsoft intensifies data collection on Windows 7 and 8 systems - gHacks Tech News

or do a Google search "Microsoft intensifies data collection on Windows 7 and 8 systems". and read it for yourself.

If you have a telephone, you are probably being tracked, if you have a car with an OnStar or similar system, You are being tracked. data collection has become a big business. If you have a camera or microphone attached to your computer, It can probably be activated without your knowledge, and the information sent over the Internet. It seems like nothing is private anymore, everything is public domain that is if you allow it.

09-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thought this might be The Onion at first
09-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member

everything is public domain
Not "everything" - not exactly how these corporations are compromising the individuals privacy and certainly not their own private internal corporate operations
They know virtually everything about the individual and the individual nothing, of substance, about them.