Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image by Pentax in Print

The other day in the mail, came a large fine art print magazine called "Scottsdale", enclosed in a plastic sleeve mailer. Why it came - who knows. Over-sized, very high quality printing - just like Architecture Digest, and the like. Cost a pretty penny just to mail. Chock filled with ads for Maserati and Bentley, along with plane sharing a Gulfstream G5. Damm Tumbleweed has gone high class! - there goes the neighborhood.

Anyway, I was thumbing through it - and low and behold there was an article featuring a photograph using a K5 and a DA 10-17. Not a Limited or a *, just the fisheye. The image was a page and a half across. Don't let anyone tell you that Pentax can't tow the line in fine art high quality printing.

So, here is the 1/4 page article - and a link to the image. ... and NO, it's not mine. I am not that good. I would like to be, but something about skill and talent, according to my wife.

QuoteQuote:
Wheatley captured the fireworks with his Pentax K5 camera and a 10-18 mm fisheye lens. "This was a technique that I had been excited to try for a long time," says Wheatley. "I see a lot of people do this type of photography in urban settings, but I wanted to try it out in nature.
  • http://digital.modernluxury.com/publication/?i=273974&article_id=2276183&view=articleBrowser&ver=html5#{%22issue_id%22:273974,%22view%22:%22articleBrowser%22,%22article_id%22:%222276183%22}
Here is a link to the digital edition - it's 19 full pages in - under "Click"
... yea - I know,its just 300 DPI

10-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It says K3 II on the web site, but K5 in the magazine. Either way, the 10s exposure works surprisingly well for this shot.
10-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #3
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
So, here is the 1/4 page article - and a link to the image. ... and NO, it's not mine. I am not that good. I would like to be, but something about skill and talent, according to my wife.
Thanks for sharing this link. That is a very creative image. I just showed it to my wife. She asks "so when did you take that one", I said "I wish, its not mine", She starts laughing...

The joy of being teased by ones wife, when photography is your hobby....it might be universal
10-08-2015, 04:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
The joy of being teased by ones wife, when photography is your hobby....it might be universal
Definitely
Thanks for the link. I like that shot.

10-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
a 10-18 mm fisheye lens
Haven't hear of that before
Only 10-18 mm I can find is a Canon lens, and it's not even fisheye!

It must of been the DA 10-17mm as interested_observer said.
10-09-2015, 06:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great image. My fisheye is feeling nervous knowing one of it's brethren was that close to flying sparks. So is my girlfriend
10-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Great image. My fisheye is feeling nervous knowing one of it's brethren was that close to flying sparks. So is my girlfriend
Tell her if any of her clothes gets damaged, you'll take her shopping, and throw in a pair of new shoes... she'll go for it. guaranteed.