Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2015, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FSA depression era photos and surprise find

Yale released 170,000 depression era photos in a searchable database. The surprise find was a photo of my grandparents store, which no one in the family had ever seen or knew about. My grandfather passed away when I was 4 and my father passed 20 years ago, so I can't show him this photograph, he would have been 2 when it was taken. My grandfather was in the photo. I was tickled to see this store I had only heard about in stories, no one had an outside photo.

here is the link, worth checking out PhotogrammarPhotogrammar

10-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the tip!
10-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
Yale released 170,000 depression era photos in a searchable database. The surprise find was a photo of my grandparents store, which no one in the family had ever seen or knew about. My grandfather passed away when I was 4 and my father passed 20 years ago, so I can't show him this photograph, he would have been 2 when it was taken. My grandfather was in the photo. I was tickled to see this store I had only heard about in stories, no one had an outside photo.

here is the link, worth checking out PhotogrammarPhotogrammar
Wow, what a treasure trove! Spent half hour briefly exploring. Tulare County, CA photos by Dorothea Lange, old bachelor Norwegian farmers in Minnesota, scenes of holidays for families. This site has old photos from a many many counties. Good find and TFS!
10-28-2015, 04:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 -- these photos are wonderful!

10-28-2015, 06:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for posting this! This is a fantastic resource.