Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #1

Apps

What is a good app to upload photos for people to purchase photos from me?

11-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Upload to where? If you're uploading to a hosting site from a computer you don't need an app. If you're uploading photos from your phone, it's not likely they'll be anything anyone is going to want to buy.
11-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you asking for a portal that allows you to display lower res versions and have consumers purchase and get prints or high res images from you?
11-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Upload to where? If you're uploading to a hosting site from a computer you don't need an app.
^^^ What he said.

If you are looking for a hosting site that sells look at:
Fine Art America
Zenfolio
SmugMug
Photoshelter
500px

If you are looking for an 'app' then usually they accept ftp so something like Filezilla will be fine.

Last edited by jatrax; 11-04-2015 at 01:44 PM.
11-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You might want to try this https://500px.com/

Good luck

Randy
11-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #6

Original Poster
Im looking to get started in photography. And i like the way photographers can take photos of people and be in mobile setting. Such as football games , events , weddings, etc... sometimes people would love for person to take a good photo of them and would like purchase the photo from the photographer. I would like to download and upload photos ao peiple can purchase and i can give them options to allow that photo be printed on coffee mugs, tshirt, fathead etc... haven an app or website can achieve multiple opportunities
11-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arrail.thomas Quote
Im looking to get started in photography. And i like the way photographers can take photos of people and be in mobile setting. Such as football games , events , weddings, etc... sometimes people would love for person to take a good photo of them and would like purchase the photo from the photographer. I would like to download and upload photos ao peiple can purchase and i can give them options to allow that photo be printed on coffee mugs, tshirt, fathead etc... haven an app or website can achieve multiple opportunities
Cafepress might be good for that.

11-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arrail.thomas Quote
Im looking to get started in photography. And i like the way photographers can take photos of people and be in mobile setting. Such as football games , events , weddings, etc... sometimes people would love for person to take a good photo of them and would like purchase the photo from the photographer. I would like to download and upload photos so people can purchase and i can give them options to allow that photo be printed on coffee mugs, tshirt, fathead etc... haven an app or website can achieve multiple opportunities
Zenfolio is excellent for that. It has a lot of features built in designed for wedding and event photographers. For example if you shoot an event you can setup a gallery that holds those shots, pass out cards at the event with the gallery name and password on it. You don't need to know the people involved and all they need to do is go to the gallery marked "November 15th Soccer Game" or whatever. Zenfolio handles payment, printing and delivery through several different labs.