Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I wasn't trying to be personal, Tony - just discussing. If that's how I came across, I apologise
No problem and thank you for clearing it up.

Adios,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 11-18-15 at 01:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I know what comes next... blame the victim... it's just like a rape case.

That is just fine. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical, as it only means that you are considering the possibility. As I stated in my earlier post that it is possible that Pentax has only itself to blame. Again it is possible. For example, you take a corporation the size of Pentax, or any large or small corporation, the fate of that corporation lies in the hands of the marketplace. I am of course pleased to hear that Pentax is still profitable, great, excellent. Although I would rather see them as a star quarterback instead of just another player in the game.

Thanks,

Tonytee

11-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Count me among the disbelievers. I can't imagine anyone behaving that way in a photo club. If it happened, it was all meant in jest, I'm sure of it. Nobody acts like that.
11-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Rudolph got a Pentax, and the other reindeer didn't like it.
11-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No Pentax bashing in my photo class

Only Pentaxes present

But

I'm the only pupil

And I'm the teacher

Photography, life everything, self taught and done for the simple pleasure of making a picture that matches my vision. Nothing else matters worth a damn. I started with a Spottie, moved over to K mount to change lenses more quickly at weddings, went digital when the *istD was released and upgraded to K10D when the *istD flash failed. Now I also have an original Q and I love it.

11-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Let's see. I wonder if I can add some clarity to this issue. The company started out as Ashai Optics, Co. Then it got into bed with Honeywell, so it became Asahi/Honywell. Then for whatever reason, Honeywell was out of the picture. (No pun intended). Let's see, where was I? Oh Yeah, after Honeywell, it was Asahi Pentax Optical, Co. The plot thickens here, then it became Pentax. Not too much later, it became Pentax, brought to you by Hoya. Let's see, for whatever reason, Hoya took a powder and then it became Pentax again. Now, or at least in the last couple of years or more, it became Pentax, brought to you by Ricoh. I wonder why Pentax has identity issues just like the red-headed foster child. When all is said and done, it comes down to this: "My friends may be idiots, but at least they are within in walking distance." ) My next question is this: Honey, what the hell did I do with my Instamatic?

Thanks for reading,

Tonytee

---------- Post added 11-17-15 at 10:15 PM ----------

That was truly one hilariously funny show. Although I tend to wonder why the English subtitles since it was a British program.

Thanks for a good laugh.

Tonytee
So people in the USA could watch it? Lol, most funny show ever aside from Doc Martin