Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-16-2015, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera and lens repairs in Newfoundland, Canada

So I have been sitting on a Vivitar pre-A-class 80-200 zoom with "macro" (for which read close focus relative to the front element) whose aperture blades would not close down and a P30T whose film advance was flopping uselessly. Finally got organised and found a repairer - PhotoTec Services in St John's.

Lens and camera arrived back today, lens with aperture blades in good working order and camera film advance winding nicely (or so it seems; I haven't put a film back in it yet as I currently have two film bodies on the go). I thought I had sheared off the advance lever from the spindle, but all that had happened, it seemed, was that it had jumped its gears. They appear to have done a general cleaning job on it while they had it.

I was impressed enough that I'm going to send them another problem-child bit of glass I recently acquired and see what they make of it. Give them a call or an e-mail first, obviously, just to be sure they can deal with the problem you've got, but with both a camera and a lens that were otherwise useless now repaired to my satisfaction, I have no problem recommending them.