Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I don't think the brand has anything to do with it, in this particular case. Just a rude person.
In this case, yes I agree with you, but in general...

12-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #47
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had complete Canon and Nikon outfits in the past, and I can assure you; whatever brand I was using meant nothing to me except the quality of photos from them. I did not flaunt or consider them the best, rather what I wanted and was able to afford at the time. Same now with Pentax, I could care less what others are using, it's what works for me, that's important.
12-08-2015, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yeah, I happened to be in a situation where I was kicked out of a place with plenty of space for several photographers, because the other person claimed to area to be hers (kind of jealous), I actually saw a better spot and I gladly thought is was a good idea to leave her "reserved for Canon area" immediately (amazing how canon big mama think she rule the work of photography). Public areas are the property of everyone, that's why I would say that respect and cooperation is the rule. Why not have a short chat to present each other and cooperate to get the best photographs, that also happened to me to have a chat with Nikon guys and got the shot together.
Reminds me of way back practice teaching. I saw another practice teacher I knew from school I went to the lunch room, and went in and sat down beside her. We were in the middle of a conversation, when a big obnoxious looking woman came and looked at me and said "that's my spot". I gave her "the look" and got up and moved. The teacher who was allowing me to practice teach in his class, came over and said "don't sit with those stuck up prigs, come over and sit with us." It takes all types. This was cafeteria seating at picnic style tables. No one could tell where her "spot" stopped and started, but she apparently knew where it was.
12-09-2015, 08:47 AM - 2 Likes   #49

I'm one of those "local newspaper photographers," and I try to look around when I know I'm in front of the crowd and could be in the way. I'll also try not to stay in one spot for more than a few seconds so if I am in someone's way, I'm not there for long. I've shot parades for years and It is my job to get the right shot for the newspaper, but its not my job to prevent parents and others from getting their shot. She was rude and she should have apologized.

12-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Friends, a little reminder to be polite to those around you. Especially other photographers.

Today I went to a small town Christmas parade with my camera with the desire to document the parade.

I got there a little bit early to scope out the best line I could find for photographing and claim my 'spot' with the crowd.

Then, the parade begins.. I'm happily snapping away, both capturing some decent shots and also practicing my photography craft.. it is a bit of work to dial in the right settings and then time the shots (no do-overs) as the floats roll by at various speeds.

Great. Then the highlight of the parade (beyond Santa Claus for the kids at the very end!).. the prized, local HS band is approaching.

But what happens? This lady who is walking with the band must see me standing there with my camera (K-5II + DA* 50-135 with massive hood + AF540 flash on top), notices I have the best line, then purposely STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME to block me from taking photos and then camps there until the band has passed through.

Friends, this is NOT the way to photog.

This is CLASSIC.
Happens.
All.
The.
Time.
Don't get me started.
12-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #51
Forum Member

I would have gently push her every time she was getting ready to fire away. Apologizing every time as well On a more serious note, you could've just asked her to step away from in front of you?
12-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Extend the selfie stick ... then a vigorous poke! :-D