Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Return SD card from digital Pentax 700 photos

My friend just posted or shared a facebook post from Rose Atwood who bought a used digital Pentax which evidently included a SD card with over 700 photos on it. She is wishing to return it to the person or family that took them. Here are several photos she posted from the card.

Attached Images

Last edited by sherrvonne; 01-10-2016 at 05:01 PM.
01-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure why Rose Atwood wouldn't have a return address or contact information for the seller?
01-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I know, I just seen this, I am going to try to message her. I posted several pics but I am only seeing one photo. Maybe I have run out of space.
01-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe it was purchased at a police auction or some other scenario where the previous owner might not be known.

01-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good Will? Or other thrift shop.
01-10-2016, 04:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah good luck on that. I have found 3 sd cards in parking lots, 2 still readable and I would like to return them. One had some general vacation like pictures on it but it is the second one that I want to return really bad.

I realized I had a name written on a dry wipe board on the second one. The card was full of pictures of a new born baby. When I looked for the name that was on the board, I found an obituary of a baby that matched the name and dates. I contacted the funeral home that did the services and explained what I have found. They have been checking there records but I haven't heard anything in about 3 weeks now.
01-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Write contact info on an index card and snap a shot. On my thumb drives I put a document called This Drive Belongs To with pertinent info on the doc. This is critical when you work on a college campus and you do presentations! Plus all students seem to have a drive and we all leave them in a computer at some point!

01-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tracy68 Quote
Write contact info on an index card and snap a shot. On my thumb drives I put a document called This Drive Belongs To with pertinent info on the doc. This is critical when you work on a college campus and you do presentations! Plus all students seem to have a drive and we all leave them in a computer at some point!

As photographers, yes we should all do that, but a grandmother or an aunt that took the photos with a P&S and then goes to Walmart to print the photos, do they really need too?
01-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
As photographers, yes we should all do that, but a grandmother or an aunt that took the photos with a P&S and then goes to Walmart to print the photos, do they really need too?
Yip, my mom would be very upset if she lost her SD card with the pics of my Sis who has passed away.
01-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Yip, my mom would be very upset if she lost her SD card with the pics of my Sis who has passed away.

To me what really stinks is, I have had that card for around 7 years before I noticed the name on the dry wipe board.
01-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #11
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Apparently
01-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
To me what really stinks is, I have had that card for around 7 years before I noticed the name on the dry wipe board.
Oh my, when I was a child we moved frequently. Frequently meaning several times a year, this was was due to my father being an alcoholic. During one of these 'moves' most of our photo albums were left in another state. We had one vehicle and he refused to go back for the albums but instead he went missing for a couple of days. ( here is where the 'rolling eyes' icon goes) so that was where we lost all our childhood photos, I have maybe three of myself and and 1 or 2 of my sister and maybe 2 of my parents from that time. I guess photos are an important thing to me now and why even if they were lousy ones of my family I would still want them back if possible.
01-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #13
Pentaxian

It's a shame that you have lost almost all of your family photos.

We have made some major moves in my life too. A few in same city or state but also some from state to state. From what I can tell, we might have lost a few photos in the last move across town. I know we lost quite a few things in that last move. Right after we moved into this new house, my mother got sick. With the way I was working and taking care of my youngest son and my sister was working and taking care of her kids, my father was taking care of my mom, we were never able to finish cleaning out the house.

The old house was broke into and some stuff was stolen. Then my mom passed away. After that, my dad was looking to sell the house and a guy that we knew for a long time offered to buy. As he went to cleaning out the house, he could have contacted us to see if we wanted to come over and get it but he didn't do that. He just threw or sold a lot of the stuff that was still in the house.

I just hope the funeral director can get in contact with the parents. The last email I got from him said that he had the case number.
01-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Someone found a Sony MILC in a shopping center parking lot. and turned it in to the local Police. After a year the Police were about to dispose of it in the annual auction and while examining it discovered an SD card inside. They got the local morning news shows to do a brief feature because the photos were of a 50th Wedding Anniversary tour of Europe including visits to relatives in multiple countries. 1500 or so files.

Within 24 hours some had recognized the main couple and the.camera was returned.