Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Not so meager. I just spent the last 10 minutes enjoying it. I found myself frequently smiling at the animal pics.
Thanks for your kind words...which prompted me go back and review some of my old images I hadn't viewed in quite a while.

01-13-2016, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not as good as you guys' but it's the best I can do.

http://www.ohsnapitsdave.com
01-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Not as good as you guys' but it's the best I can do.

Zenfolio | Dave L.
Very nice site, LeDave. You have a real eye for portraiture. Your shots are really good and I hope your subjects appreciated your work. The one of the woman in (is it native dress?) is especially impressive.

I don't like to criticize people's work unless asked, but I'll make a hesitant exception here: someone may call you on the "wildlife" designation in your gallery. Usually, photographs of animals in captivity (zoos, etc.) are not generally accepted as "wildlife", as it implies the photographer "braved" a wild environment to get the shot. You might want to consider another category name. Of course, you should do whatever pleases you. I just offer that idea for your consideration.

Good luck with your site. It's a great way to showcase your excellent photographs.
01-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Show us your portfolio

A few of my pics are on a site in my sig. Not many, but my SO kept saying I needed a web site so I put one up.

01-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Frog out of Water Photography

The website is through Smugmug, with the layout a semi-customized design from Fastline Media.
The current slideshow on the homepage consists of my favourite images from rescue/shelter photography over the past year.
A couple of my goals for this year are to: 1) winnow down some of the portfolios so they just have the strongest images, and 2) change up the homepage slideshow more often.
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #21

Here are mine:

https://500px.com/pjelev

Stock Photos & Illustrations - iStock

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/576A3282-BFE7-414F-B86B-2766CCDC074E/Pavel Zhelev.html

Last edited by Pavel_Zhelev; 01-13-2016 at 12:36 PM. Reason: link not showing
01-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
Very nice site, LeDave. You have a real eye for portraiture. Your shots are really good and I hope your subjects appreciated your work. The one of the woman in (is it native dress?) is especially impressive.

I don't like to criticize people's work unless asked, but I'll make a hesitant exception here: someone may call you on the "wildlife" designation in your gallery. Usually, photographs of animals in captivity (zoos, etc.) are not generally accepted as "wildlife", as it implies the photographer "braved" a wild environment to get the shot. You might want to consider another category name. Of course, you should do whatever pleases you. I just offer that idea for your consideration.

Good luck with your site. It's a great way to showcase your excellent photographs.
Thanks a bunch mate! Good looking out for another Pentaxian, I will change it from Wildlife to Animals .

01-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #23

Here my one goes: Piotr Warezak photography
It is based on imagevue v3 that you can find here Photo Image Gallery and Mobile Portfolio Website
01-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by apete Quote
Here my one goes: Piotr Warezak photography
It is based on imagevue v3 that you can find here Photo Image Gallery and Mobile Portfolio Website
Outstanding portfolio mate, I really liked the Aviation and Nature series.
01-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Outstanding portfolio mate, I really liked the Aviation and Nature series.
Wow, I am not sure what to say... Thanks a lot. I was a bit shy publishing my link here and seeing others' pics the same time. I love the forum. So much to learn...
01-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #26

my one pretty much sucks and it's a constant work in progress, anyway this is what it looks like at time of this writing:

www.francescocello.com
01-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by Neo_ Quote
my one pretty much sucks and it's a constant work in progress, anyway this is what it looks like at time of this writing:

www.francescocello.com
Francesco, I like the idea of having map for each photo where it was taken. Do you use Pentax additional gps module for your K5?

Other than that, it is nice watching your work!
01-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do I get a job if you like it ?
01-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by apete Quote
Francesco, I like the idea of having map for each photo where it was taken. Do you use Pentax additional gps module for your K5?

Other than that, it is nice watching your work!
Thank for your kind appreciation.
While I think the pentax gps is an interesting tool, reality is I jut take a few seconds more to geotag them when I upload them to my 500px gallery.
01-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #30

It's really cool to see that there are as many approaches and ideas on how to select and present your work as there seem to be ways to photohraph something. This is really an inspiring thread and I wish there were more of this kind when many threads talk about technical and gear stuff, but barely about the images themselves.

So, to keep this going:
You can see my "portfolio" here: jappakaruzo.tumblr.com
I put it on tumblr because I thought this would be the easiest, most straight forward thing to handle. Guess I was wrong and my page is as much a work in progress as many of your projects above. I still have no idea how to make landscape format shots appear the same size as portrait format shots. At the same time I ralized that I seem to prefer portrait orientation over landscape, even for landscape shots.
What is on there really is a selection of images that could have been taken as long as 4 years ago but I only decided to put them online some time late last year. Something to keep me motivated producing more photos. Many of them are taken on film and I scanned (and developed some of) them myself, so I am afraid that colours, contrast and jpeg compression might look horrible on different monitors... there are so many things to think about before confronting the public with your "art"...