Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2016, 12:16 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Gratitude abounds!

I received a PM from one of the recipients of the lenses I gave away telling me that he had made a very generous donation to my chosen charity, The Ronald McDonald House. It made my day knowing that in some small way, I was indirectly responsible for a donation to one of the most worthy charities on earth!

My daughter contracted ALL Leukemia when she was 5 years old and we had to take her to Stanford Children's Hospital (A LONG way from home!) for chemo and radiation treatments and, thanks to the RMH, we had a place to stay so we could be close to our daughter. Battling odds of only 40% in her favor, I'm happy to say she is now 40 years old and is fine!

Thanks you so much for your donation.

01-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wonderful story. Glad to hear that your daughter is well now.
01-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I received a PM from one of the recipients of the lenses I gave away telling me that he had made a very generous donation to my chosen charity, The Ronald McDonald House. It made my day knowing that in some small way, I was indirectly responsible for a donation to one of the most worthy charities on earth!

My daughter contracted ALL Leukemia when she was 5 years old and we had to take her to Stanford Children's Hospital (A LONG way from home!) for chemo and radiation treatments and, thanks to the RMH, we had a place to stay so we could be close to our daughter. Battling odds of only 40% in her favor, I'm happy to say she is now 40 years old and is fine!

Thanks you so much for your donation.
I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out okay. I can imagine how terrifying that was. I have a daughter too now who is only a year and a half old and she is the most important thin in my life.
01-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out okay. I can imagine how terrifying that was. I have a daughter too now who is only a year and a half old and she is the most important thin in my life.

I pray that no one will ever have to know the razor's edge that the parents must live on until the six years of remission are complete. But, I can't even imagine the anguish that those suffer who's child dropped out of remission, because that spells the beginning of the end. Even today, some 35 years later, I get tears in my eyes when I remember those long walks across the parking lot from the hospital room to the Ronald McDonald house. Her mother and I were divorced, but things like that have a way of transcending all personal differences.

Hold your daughter tight.

01-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now that is a great "thank you" for your generosity! Very nice indeed. Also so glad your daughter is fine!