Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have many bad habits, but the most annoying is leaving the settings as they were on the last shot of the day. And then you start the next day with a handheld shot on a 3 second delay with no SR. A close second is packing light for a long hike but forgetting to check the battery charge and forgetting an extra battery.

Worst habit of others, backwards hood or no hood. That drives me crazy and then you see their photos with low contrast and all kinds of flair.

02-06-2016, 02:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Bad habit I've got: Being far more critical of everyone else's photography than my own.

Bad habit I don't have but others do: Shunting the clarity/local contrast slider to max for every fricking photo. So many good photos completely ruined by thoughtless PP.
02-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
And when are they going to release that 10-600m
And I hope it is WR, and costs less than US $300
02-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Bad habbit that I don't do,
People changing their lens in the air while standing or walking. Thank God I don't have this problem, it scares me to death that my camera and lens might hit the pavement. I always use a proper table to change lens on. If there's none, then I don't change lens until I find one.
I don't find many tables in the forest...or anywhere outside really, so I don't consider this a bad habit (standing, not walking, just because extra airflow to catch dust) unless it is generalized to "changing lenses recklessly". I just put myself in the best position possible for the environment, but do I need a table? Certainly not. I haven't dropped one yet.

I also think chimping is ok as long as you're not obsessive about it.

Although I have a couple of times thought I had an extra battery or an SD card to record images when I didn't, I wouldn't call them habits. However, one thing that seems to burn me repeatedly is I will stick one of my m42 lenses in my bag, and then later come across a scene for which it would be perfect (so I think), and pull it out only to discover I've put the m42 adapter on some other lens and I don't have an adapter with me so I can't mount it. Extra annoying if the lens is a bit heavy since I have been lugging it around pointlessly. (Another bad habit is I just bring a bunch of lenses and rarely use more than one of them.)

02-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #20
Forum Member

My worst habit is using my camera for Ebay shots and forgetting to reset everything to 'normal' until after I get home from a major shoot. Low resolution JPEGs at high ISO do not always cut the mustard.

Bad habits I do not do is standing in front of the chap with a tripod who obviously has spent time setting things up only to be presented with someone's backside. There is nothing wrong with standing beside me, you know.
02-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Annoying stupid habit: not checking and adjusting settings before I start shooting. It's the ADHD.
I don't generally encounter many other photographers and don't pay much attention to them when I do--they only annoy me if they get in my way.
UPDATE (addition to my worst) Starting to shoot before removing the lens cap--it's embarrassing even when there's nobody around.
02-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #22

My worst habit is not believing in myself or my vision completely (yet, only been shooting for a few months) and the worst that I don't so is pointing out what amatuer I am (I am a holder of that particular knowledge already, thank you).

02-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh my! There is not room for all of my annoying habits, but the one for which I pay dearly is not using keywords and collections in any systematic way with Lightroom. This means I can never find the photo I want.

A really bad habit is alway wanting to "get closer." There are too many time I should take a longer, broader view of the surroundings. This, I hope, will happen when I buy my first wide angle prime.

Other folks really don't bother me too much - I just ignore them or watch and chuckle to myself.
02-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine are already taken!

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
My worst is not "baselining" my camera after ever use
I have messed up SO many shots this way too!

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
... the one for which I pay dearly is not using keywords and collections in any systematic way with Lightroom. This means I can never find the photo I want.
I sympathize deeply with this one as well! Nearly 80,000 pictures in my catalogue, and every now and again I jump in and panic-assign a few hundred keywords, or save a quick collection - but all in all it is a horrible mess

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Annoying habit others do....walk into my scene when I'm trying to capture a bird in the tree and obviously scare off said bird.
Oh - and this one! The worst ones are the ones walking right up to me (even if I am sitting inside my blind!) and going "So, what are you photographing?" Obviously nothing - by now!
02-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
What is the most annoying habbit you do in photography and need to learn how to quit.
Shooting squirrels.......can I get an "amen" on that?

Regards!
02-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Oh - and this one! The worst ones are the ones walking right up to me (even if I am sitting inside my blind!) and going "So, what are you photographing?" Obviously nothing - by now!

I get twitchy when people walk by, so usually just put down my camera and glare at them. It probably doesn't help anyone.
02-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Or the people who see you taking photos, walk up to about 10 feet away, and just stare at you.
02-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rupert Quote
shooting squirrels.......can i get an "amen" on that?:d

regards!
amen!
02-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
UPDATE (addition to my worst) Starting to shoot before removing the lens cap--it's embarrassing even when there's nobody around.
Oh yes! The lens cap demon! It is worse when shooting with a rangefinder or other non-SLR camera.

Venturing into the realm of film photography, there is also the dark-slide demon when shooting with film holders having such. It is either in when it should be out or out when it should be in.

Steve
02-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrAtClIF Quote
and the worst that I don't so is pointing out what amatuer I am (I am a holder of that particular knowledge already, thank you).
There is nothing wrong with being amateur. Actually, it's an exciting stage.

My the most annoying habit is forgetting change 2 sec delay setting, and saying F word when discovering that (instead of biting my tongue.)