Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Photography Goofs

So I was trying to take photos on my K50 that worked perfectly fine yesterday but was giving me an "Unable to write images to card" error today so I ended up spending 10 minutes checking everything, made sure the card was fully in its seat and finally I started looking up answers on Google but it was all saying the same thing, get a new card. Well this is a 128 gig SDXC memory card and I wasn't willing to simply shell out another $40 for what was supposed to be a great card so I pulled the card out and checked to see if there was dust on it or something and noticed this little white tab on the left of the card that was in the "locked" position. So I flicked that back up, plugged it back into my camera and all was well. Anyone else had that Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment?

02-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes.

And not having a card in the camera when taking pix. If one doesn't chimp, one doesn't know until after "taking" a number of shots.
02-19-2016, 02:47 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another yes.

Hear a bird you would like to get a photograph of, outside your window, but sitting at computer, jump up, grab camera, head outside, turn camera on, only to realize card is still in the card read on the computer. DUH!