Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dtmateojr Quote
The closer to the sensor the better. It must not get in the way of lenses.
now you finally get it.

They are actually really bad at handling highlights. They clip very easily.
And with shadows, the more you push them you more noise you dredge up.

02-20-2016, 03:00 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
now you finally get it.

???!!! I designed it. The closer the better but it need not be close. Did you read the memo on Sony translucent mirrors?
02-20-2016, 03:01 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you read the memo on Sony translucent mirrors?
That they degrade the image like practically everything else you put between the rear of a lens and a camera sensor? yes.
02-20-2016, 03:23 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
That they degrade the image like practically everything else you put between the rear of a lens and a camera sensor? yes.

Sony should hire you. You seem to be an expert in camera design

02-20-2016, 03:55 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sony should hire you.
I wouldn't work for them. I'd love to work for Schneider, Alpa, Leica or Zeiss.
02-20-2016, 07:37 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Heading out to the high desert country in Oregon this morning.

I've been cooped up in this house for far too long and the weather is supposed to be in the low 50's with sunny skies with partial clouds. I've decided to go south, into Oregon to a small little town called Jordan Valley, in the high desert country that lies just west of the Owyhee Mts. It should provide some excellent landscape opportunities. There are several streams, a river or two, lots of foothills with amazing rock formations and snow-capped mountains on three sides. Stunningly beautiful country, especially in the spring. But, even though it's a little early for Mother Nature's best show, it's STILL better than sitting in the house and doing NOTHING!

So.... I've got my camera and lens cases packed in the trunk of my car, a small case with a variety of filters and a tripod and a monopod. I'm taking a K-50 and a K-30. Got lenses everywhere from my newly acquired DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro and DA 16-45mm to a DA 18-250 ED..... and a small case of several of my favorite manual lenses. I always go WAY overboard, with the anticipation of having boundless energy and my hips and back never becoming a factor in my outing. I KNOW that's not going to be the case, but one thing's for sure.... I won't be left wanting for the right focal length lens! Somehow, just taking them along is a strange justification for buying them in the first place, even though I probably won't use them.

I suppose I could take my SMC 500mm M-42 lens, but I just don't want to have to take the gimbal and go to the trouble of setting it up. Besides, I don't anticipate any need for it. Not exactly a good landscape lens! Hmmm.... who knows, I might see an antelope or two!

Do any of you ever to that.... take an extraordinary amount of gear and end up only using two or maybe three lenses all day? I always seem to do that, with these dreams of having time and the perfect opportunity to use each and every one of them! Oh well, it's not like I've got to pack them on my back, down a long hiking trail. I never get more than 50 yards or so from the car because of physical limitations, but.... I'm gonna' have me some fun!

Film at 5!
02-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A bit OT but you could have gone with just the 18-250 and a GND8. In landscape, zooms make primes redundant. They all look the same at f/8