Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
What scares me is that these folks vote with about the same level of knowledge.
And shop on Amazon...

02-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a SMC Pentax-M 75-150mm lens for sale on the local Craig's List.

Me: Yes, I do.
Me: Yes, it is a very nice, clean lens, as the photos in the ad indicate.
Me: Yes, it is very sharp.
Me: Yes.
Me: Yes, it takes sharp pictures of whatever you're photographing.
Me: I don't know, what's a Canon?
Me: Who makes it?
Me: Who's Canon?
(see where I'm going with this?)

.......... I give up. No more replies. It just ain't worth my time and trouble for a $50 lens.
This is how it would have went with me.....

After years of practice, I can be as dumb as anyone.
02-23-2016, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Sometimes it works to you advantage.

A few years back, I called to inquire about a CL ad selling "a box of camera equipment."

- What are there in the box?
- A bunch of stuffs: cameras, lenses, and other things I don't know.
- How many cameras are there?
- Two.
- Can you tell me the wordings on the cameras?
- Yeah....see.... one says... pentax.... s... f... one, the other.... says.... Pentax... i... i... x.
- How about lenses? How many are there?
- Oh.... four.... oh no.... five.... yes, five of them.
- Can you tell me the wordings on the lenses?
- Uhm..... pentax... a.... one colon... one dot four... eight five mm...uhm....
- OK. How much do you want for it?

At the end, I paid $400 for, among other things, a Pentax LX body, a Pentax-A* 1:1.4 85mm, a Pentax-A* 1:4 300mm, and a Pentax 1.7X AF adapter.
02-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
At the end, I paid $400 for, among other things, a Pentax LX body, a Pentax-A* 1:1.4 85mm, a Pentax-A* 1:4 300mm, and a Pentax 1.7X AF adapter.
Not bad...

02-23-2016, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I really need the cat from luftfluss...
What, you didn't download it when it was available? Sheesh...

02-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
What, you didn't download it when it was available? Sheesh...
I have now...
02-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I have now...
I did inadvertently delete it when I killed off my albums, since I don't shoot much Pentax anymore. I wasn't paying attention...

02-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
mee
Veteran Member

Most people seem to only read headlines these days.. too lazy to read the body of the text. Then they assume what they don't know (or didn't read) and fill in place the holes with negative assumptions. On top of this, I've seen over and over where someone (different people though at different times mind you) will misconstrue what was said, completely obliterating it, and then get angry at you for what they perceived you as saying. /facepalm

For instance, If I said "I think a blue sky is the only type of sky that is enjoyable.' Someone else will read this, and respond with, 'Overcast skies occur too, so you are wrong. Blue skies are not the only type of skies that occur.' /sigh.

Some days, I want to turn off all communication devices and just get away from most (sometimes all) people.. I call these moments 'photography time.' And the time spent is wonderful for recharging.
02-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax...? Don't they sell tampons?
02-23-2016, 08:52 PM   #25

LOL, that is too funny. Thanks for sharing! Usually what happens to me is they make an offer, I accept, then I never hear from them again. Craiglist is a strange little world.
02-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just imagine the deluge of idiocy when the K-1 starts selling, the floodgates of stupid™ will be blown wide open.
02-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Pentax...? Don't they sell tampons?
Unfortunately they are moisture proof....
02-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a SMC Pentax-M 75-150mm lens for sale on the local Craig's List.

Me: Yes, I do.
Me: Yes, it is a very nice, clean lens, as the photos in the ad indicate.
Me: Yes, it is very sharp.
Me: Yes.
Me: Yes, it takes sharp pictures of whatever you're photographing.
Me: No, as is says in the as, it is a Pentax "K" mount lens.

.......... I give up. No more replies. It just ain't worth my time and trouble for a $50 lens.
Wow what a horrible thread. I just hope the moderators shut this down sooner than later.

ie, you sound like a really nice guy.
That said, I'd question just how much someone of your caliber would charge to spread the word on Pentax?

Here's what I see:
Don't know Pentax?
Well then you're an IDIOT and don't deserve to be informed.

That said, how on earth could anyone expect to help others come to know the Pentax label with attitudes like that?
Sorry to say, but all I see here are self defeating attitudes for the Pentax label and this community. - and I think that's being generous

Last edited by JohnBee; 02-24-2016 at 11:48 AM.
02-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Wow what a horrible thread. I just hope the moderators shut this down sooner than later.

ie, you sound like a really nice guy.
That said, I'd question just how much someone of your caliber would charge to spread the word on Pentax?

Here's what I see:
Don't know Pentax?
Well then you're an IDIOT and don't deserve to be informed.

That said, how on earth could anyone expect to help others come to know the Pentax label with attitudes like that?
Sorry to say, but all I see here are self defeating attitudes for the Pentax label and this community. - and I think that's being generous
It's hard to see how you could "spread the word on Pentax" and "help others come to know the Pentax label" could happen with someone looking for a lens for their already-owned Canon camera.

The OP is selling a Pentax lens. It fits Pentax cameras. He's not advertising for everyone to buy a Pentax camera just so they can have his lens, although that would be nice, I guess, in a perfect world. When someone with a Canon camera inquires, the lens isn't going to work for that Canon owner. End of story.

So, I'm trying to understand the proposition from someone of your caliber: Are you suggesting that anyone trying to sell a Pentax lens try to educate Canon owners into selling their Canon gear and buying a Pentax camera AND the lens for sale? Or what is it that you are proposing?

I happen to wear Hanes underwear, well at the moment. Just because I use the product doesn't mean I am a Public Sales Ambassador for Hanes underwear. (much as I wish the body would get into the kind of shape needed for such an adventure). Why is it that everyone who sells a used piece of Pentax equipment must be considered the Public Face of Pentax? I'm not trying to be snarky. I am just trying to understand your commentary?
02-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
It's hard to see how you could "spread the word on Pentax" and "help others come to know the Pentax label" could happen with someone looking for a lens for their already-owned Canon camera.

The OP is selling a Pentax lens. It fits Pentax cameras. He's not advertising for everyone to buy a Pentax camera just so they can have his lens, although that would be nice, I guess, in a perfect world. When someone with a Canon camera inquires, the lens isn't going to work for that Canon owner. End of story.

So, I'm trying to understand the proposition from someone of your caliber: Are you suggesting that anyone trying to sell a Pentax lens try to educate Canon owners into selling their Canon gear and buying a Pentax camera AND the lens for sale? Or what is it that you are proposing?

I happen to wear Hanes underwear, well at the moment. Just because I use the product doesn't mean I am a Public Sales Ambassador for Hanes underwear. (much as I wish the body would get into the kind of shape needed for such an adventure). Why is it that everyone who sells a used piece of Pentax equipment must be considered the Public Face of Pentax? I'm not trying to be snarky. I am just trying to understand your commentary?

Well said, sir.