Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Noticeable increase in new forum members?

Over the last couple of months or so I've noticed a lot of new members coming onto the forum... more than previously, it would seem. Is it just me, or do you folks see that too? If this is the case, it's great for the forum and for Ricoh / Pentax, as I think this is one of the best photographic communities around, and it's a big part of what keeps me wedded to Pentax...

03-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Over the last couple of months or so I've noticed a lot of new members coming onto the forum... more than previously, it would seem. Is it just me, or do you folks see that too? If this is the case, it's great for the forum and for Ricoh / Pentax, as I think this is one of the best photographic communities around, and it's a big part of what keeps me wedded to Pentax...
I am sure that Adam can answer your question!
03-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, probably. What's a little more interesting is the number of long-dormant user names that have reactivated.
03-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes, probably. What's a little more interesting is the number of long-dormant user names that have reactivated.
Yes, I noticed that too

Adam - if you're reading this... Is there any additional website promotion going on, or can it be that this welcome influx of new members is purely down to Ricoh / Pentax news out there (such as the K1)?

03-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@BigMackCam If you go to Forum Home and scroll to the bottom you can see all kinds of information about who is online and how many, versus history. At one time Adam posted a chart of monthly activity but I haven't seen that in years.

Despite all the fun, we are way below high activity in Feb. and late 2012 - even below the K-7 times. But when it is actually released watch the numbers.
03-12-2016, 06:21 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
well, we certainly have had an influx of vacant brained members, asking for information that would take less than a second to find on google.
03-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do have to say that this forum has kept me with pentax more then a few times. I'm relatively new to the brand as well as photography, so I don't have much invested in pentax. I've thought about jumping ship a few times over the past couple years but this forum really has been a deciding factor. And I am glad I stayed. I've found the direction I want to head in with my gear and with the recent announcement of the k1, I have even more to look forward to. So thanks everyone on here for making this such a fantastic community.

03-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
well, we certainly have had an influx of vacant brained members, asking for information that would take less than a second to find on google.
C'mon... I agree, that has been the case with some, but we have plenty of old stock like that too... Heck, I might qualify occasionally
03-12-2016, 06:40 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
influx of vacant brained members
And they all seem to emanate from trailer park community's in small town Iowa. I apologize for my fellow compatriots
03-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
And they all seem to emanate from trailer park community's in small town Iowa. I apologize for my fellow compatriots
03-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
@BigMackCam If you go to Forum Home and scroll to the bottom you can see all kinds of information about who is online and how many, versus history. At one time Adam posted a chart of monthly activity but I haven't seen that in years.

Despite all the fun, we are way below high activity in Feb. and late 2012 - even below the K-7 times. But when it is actually released watch the numbers.
Interesting - thx, I'll take a look at the stats...

Yes, when the K-1 is released, the numbers should jump up a notch
03-12-2016, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

I was going to say New Jersey, but they're just too easy to make fun of
03-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Is there any additional website promotion going on, or can it be that this welcome influx of new members is purely down to Ricoh / Pentax news out there (such as the K1)?
In addition to a new body bringing more attention to the brand, it seems to me there's usually a surge of new members at the beginning of each year, folks who took advantage of holiday sales or received a new or used camera for Christmas.
03-12-2016, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There's certainly been an increase in activity since the start of 2016. Ricoh is headed in the right direction with the Pentax brand and I think the slowly increasing market share is being reflected.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-12-2016, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #15

I'm new to the forum and new to photography. I've been reading through some of the old threads...it's loaded with tons of great information. It really helps someone like me learn about photography. Thanks!