Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Philintx Quote
I'm new to the forum and new to photography.
Just as long as you don't participate in thread necromancy....you will be fine.

03-13-2016, 01:51 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Aye... the K1s bringing them all out into the open.
03-13-2016, 01:55 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
well, we certainly have had an influx of vacant brained members, asking for information that would take less than a second to find on google.
Well isn't that a nice, welcoming tone?
03-13-2016, 02:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Well isn't that a nice, welcoming tone?
Being welcoming is nice to new members who are genuinely interested in Pentax cameras and lenses. But being welcoming doesn't include letting people wreck up the place by resurrecting threads from 2010.

Last edited by Digitalis; 03-13-2016 at 02:24 AM.
03-13-2016, 02:21 AM - 6 Likes   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
And they all seem to emanate from trailer park community's in small town Iowa. I apologize for my fellow compatriots
Folks, we were all "beginners-with-questions" at some point. I welcome the new members and their questions about Pentax cameras.
03-13-2016, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I see a lot more interest from Pentax both here and DPR. By far, this is the best site for Pentaxians. Adam and the gang do an excellent job here and there is a great group here.
03-14-2016, 07:37 AM - 3 Likes   #22

After years of using the very useful lens review section to assess new purchases, I finally took the time to register to say thank you. I can only speculate as to the amount of money saved by myself after reading countless reviews of potential lens purchases and the site is always my first port of call.
So hello from a long term lurker

03-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Davidparis Quote
Folks, we were all "beginners-with-questions" at some point. I welcome the new members and their questions about Pentax cameras.
Yes. Even if they ask, "I'm interested in Pentax but hear that they are doomed. Are they doomed?"
03-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Eickhorn Quote
So hello from a long term lurker
Welcome, lurk no more, that's you introduced to us all now.
03-14-2016, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ricoh is headed in the right direction with the Pentax brand and I think the slowly increasing market share is being reflected.
No doubt that is part of it, but I think Adam is being a bit too modest.
The increase in forum activity wouldn't occur, regardless of what Ricoh is doing, if it weren't Adam's efforts here.
03-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #26

I also lurked and learned for years before I showed my head in the forums. Afraid it might get cut off for asking a dumb question!
03-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #27
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OhioAngie Quote
I also lurked and learned for years before I showed my head in the forums. Afraid it might get cut off for asking a dumb question!
I think *most* members of PentaxForums are helpful and friendly. Over time, I've asked quite a few questions that - looking back - now seem dumb... but they didn't at the time, and a good amount of what I now know is down to having asked those questions (of course, you have to become adept at picking out the accurate help and advice from that which is well-meant but inaccurate! ). There are a very few members who might occasionally respond negatively when you ask something, but the majority will try to help
03-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think *most* members of PentaxForums are helpful and friendly. Over time, I've asked quite a few questions that - looking back - now seem dumb... but they didn't at the time, and a good amount of what I now know is down to having asked those questions (of course, you have to become adept at picking out the accurate help and advice from that which is well-meant but inaccurate! ). There are a very few members who might occasionally respond negatively when you ask something, but the majority will try to help

I would have to agree that my experience in here is that most of the members are respectful, helpful and at times pretty knowledgeable!
03-16-2016, 03:33 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Over the last couple of months or so I've noticed a lot of new members coming onto the forum... more than previously, it would seem. Is it just me, or do you folks see that too? If this is the case, it's great for the forum and for Ricoh / Pentax, as I think this is one of the best photographic communities around, and it's a big part of what keeps me wedded to Pentax...
Yes, I am a new member. After seeing that Pentax would release a full frame camera, I had to do some research. I learned some interesting things about what Pentax had available and developed an affinity for the small sensor offering instead. I joined because it was required to purchase from the forum buy/sell. This does seem to be a valuable resource.
03-16-2016, 03:44 AM   #30
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StanPhoto Quote
Yes, I am a new member. After seeing that Pentax would release a full frame camera, I had to do some research. I learned some interesting things about what Pentax had available and developed an affinity for the small sensor offering instead. I joined because it was required to purchase from the forum buy/sell. This does seem to be a valuable resource.
That's interesting, Stan ... So, in your case at least, it was the K-1 announcement that brought your attention to Pentax.

Great to have you aboard... now that you've joined, I hope you make good use of the forum. It's a great place with some very helpful members