Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Look for places to buy used lenses in Moscow

Hi,
does anybody know if there are some flea markets, small shops etc. that deal in vintage lenses in Moscow, let's say near Tverskaya/Cajkovskij Hall/Red Square or thereabouts?
Not looking for anything in particular, maybe cheap-ish stuff; it's more like spending a fun morning off than needing to buy something.
Thanks in advance

03-21-2016, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Hi,
does anybody know if there are some flea markets, small shops etc. that deal in vintage lenses in Moscow, let's say near Tverskaya/Cajkovskij Hall/Red Square or thereabouts?
Not looking for anything in particular, maybe cheap-ish stuff; it's more like spending a fun morning off than needing to buy something.
Thanks in advance
Perhaps you will get more answers here, at PentaClub:
? ????????? ? ??????-??????? - ?????? ?????-?????
03-24-2016, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Online is probably the best place in Moscow. I can suggest this site:

http://rangefinder.ru/sale/showcat.php/cat/3/page/1
03-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all.
I might have found something on a small shop's website

03-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
Forum Member

Do you have a link? I might be interested as well
03-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by auricle Quote
Do you have a link? I might be interested as well
mmmh... when are you going to Moscow?
I'm not walking 6+ km x2 just to find that you bought the one lens I'm interested in!
03-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #7
Forum Member

I actually live here

03-26-2016, 01:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by auricle Quote
I actually live here
Whoa! double dangerous then!!!
...I'll post the link one I'm safely back with my new (?) prrrecious...
...although I'm fairly sure you already know the place, it was quite easy to find online

Momentarily, I'll link you the used Pentax inventory of Kutuzov Photo:
http://www.kutuzov-photo.ru/index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=99999999&sear...0&limitstart=0
Maybe you already know this shop, I suppose it's rather big... there's an intriguing Industar 33/2.8 for 5k rubles, but I'm not interested in that kind of lenses.
Also a Pentax 28/3.5 Shift for 35k.

Last edited by LensBeginner; 03-26-2016 at 03:25 AM.
03-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
Forum Member

Thank you
03-29-2016, 11:52 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, I got my precious so I can spill the beans... :-P
I went to kamepa.ru website and checked the online catalog, found a Helios 44K-4 in the Pentax section, sold as new (there's lots of M42 lenses as well), so I went to the shop as soon as I could.

The shop is almost impossible to find unless you have read the directions in a forum (it's a post on mflenses dot com IIRC), because it's in a back yard (Berezhkovskaya naberezhnaya 14, near Kievsky train station), through a wooden door, down a flight of stairs, through another wooden door (ring a bell first), another door and a corridor, all that with little to no indication (and the little there is, is in cyrillic). Eventually you get to a room full of display cabinets, chock-full of lovingly kept photographic material.

After a fair bit of browsing on the owner's part, I got what I came for, in brand-new condition as advertised, snappy aperture, buttery-smooth focusing ring, no dents, scratches, marks, got Zenit front and back caps too etc.
Lens works well and swirls a bit too so I'm really pleased.

Prices are fair, the I-know-what-I'm-doing kind (unlike souvenir shops, where you can find plenty of dusty Helios attached to dusty Zenit camers for 8000-9000 rubles, about five time the real market value).

If you live in Moscow you probably already know that place, but if you don't, it's
03-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #11
Forum Member

Thank you very much!

I actually don't know about that shop. I do live here but unfortunately I don't speak Russian so these little treasure chests of second hand goodies usually pass me by.