Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
generic carbon fiber tripods

has anyone out there had any experiences with generic carbon fiber tripods ? i am in the market for a carbon fiber tripod that will hold a large (older 500mm f4.5 manual focus) lens but the prices for the generics are way lower. i know as a rule you get what you pay for but i thought maybe this time i might get lucky. any experiences good or bad would be appreciated. also any reccomendations as to brand would also be appreciated name brand or generic.

Steve

04-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/280149...4c-tripod.html

Panoguy in particular.
04-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #3

I was researching about HorusBennu A8 with Lx-3T ball head.There are some praises in DPReview. A few video review is also available. It's not that cheap like those q666 series, it's more like Sirui T-025x price, But with a higher capacity and a lot more functionality, like detachable center column, additional short center column, 3 Monopod etc.
04-29-2016, 05:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I picked up a really cheap off-brand carbon fiber tripod a few years ago in a deal for a bunch of gear. It says, "PIC Photographic Technology" on the side, but I think it's a generic tripod. On the one hand, I like it because it's vastly lighter than my main Gitzo tripod. But on the other hand, it's a bit of a pain in the rear because the leg attachment joints are so loose. I'm constantly having to push them out to where they're supposed to be. Other than that, it's a pretty good tripod...especially at 1/10th the price of my Gitzo. The locks for the leg sections work pretty well and are easily adjusted to add more tension if one begins to slip.