Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2016, 04:52 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
After this there was a Konica Minolta Dynax 5D / Sigma 30mm f1.4 combo for a while
Poor old Minolta. Pentaxian though I am, I used a Dynax 3i for a while before changing over full time to my supposedly second-line P50. I miss them.

By the time I went to look at digital cameras, Minolta had become Konica Minolta as here and I caught the smell of death in my nostrils. Turns out I was right. What Sony has done just isn't the same.

05-13-2016, 05:55 AM   #92
Forum Member

First ever? An Apple Quick-Take 100. You could take a whole 8 shots, I think it was. This was a gift.
My first Pentax was an *istDL bought for my youngest brothers wedding. "Something" happened on a drunken beach walk after the reception and the autofocus has never worked since.
05-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Poor old Minolta. Pentaxian though I am, I used a Dynax 3i for a while before changing over full time to my supposedly second-line P50. I miss them.

By the time I went to look at digital cameras, Minolta had become Konica Minolta as here and I caught the smell of death in my nostrils. Turns out I was right. What Sony has done just isn't the same.
Yeah, having grown up learning photography on my parents Minolta X-300/50mm f1.4 combo, I was first after a Dynax 60 film camera but never saved enough at the time.
So when it came to my first D-SLR, the Dynax 5D was the obvious choice, and a nice chunky little camera it was too! with the Sigma 30mm f1.4 it was the closest I could get to the previous film setup.!
05-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

My second EVER camera, long before digital, was a Minolta SRT-202 with a 58mm f/1.2 prime bought in Japan. I then built a system of 4 bodies and 6 lenses including the Maxxum 9000 before everything was stolen. I even bought a Minolta X-700 for my sister that still works. I never went back to Minolta other than I still use a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro medium and 35mm format film scanner. Considering I've had it since 2001, it's amazing that it still works and that Sony didn't buy out VueScan so I can still use it on a Mac with an up to date OS.

05-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Poor old Minolta. Pentaxian though I am, I used a Dynax 3i for a while before changing over full time to my supposedly second-line P50. I miss them. By the time I went to look at digital cameras, Minolta had become Konica Minolta as here and I caught the smell of death in my nostrils. Turns out I was right. What Sony has done just isn't the same.

My dad had an Minolta SLR from the 70s that I learned photography with. My experience with the brand influenced my purchase of my first digital camera, the Minolta G500. I subsequently purchased a few models of the Dimage X series, which were innovative and super compact at the time. They were the best pocket cams at the time. Their downfall saddened me.
05-14-2016, 01:42 AM   #96

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Technically, something like this -

- was my first digital camera.

I connected it to a "lipstick Camera" and I did S-Video image capture.

It was not very mobile.

A Sony Mavica with the Floppy disks was my first "true" digital camera.
I forgot about that! My first digital photo was also taken by connection a video camera to a Hauppauge TV card.
05-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vinni Quote
I forgot about that! My first digital photo was also taken by connection a video camera to a Hauppauge TV card.
Yep. There is now a generation that thinks we jumped straight from SLR cameras to dSLR cameras.

There was a period of time when computers were the way to get digital images - aka Apple QuickTake and the like.

Pentax was out in front of the digital wave, and ultimately why the failed MZ-D and the 16 year wait for the K1 has hurt so bad.

Thankfully, I own all the first steps in Pentax's digital progress as well as one of the handful of EI-3000 prototypes that exist.

05-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
A 2-megapixel Fuji FinePix 2600Z.
Got it because I just started graduate school, wanted a digital camera (regretted not having one when I spent a month in Tokyo doing research), and I couldn't afford a dSLR yet.

I followed it with a Panasonic camera that was essentially a bridge camera before finally getting a Pentax (K10d). That was all over 7 years.

I should add that prior to digital, I had two SLR film bodies that were both Minolta. I think that when I thought I was ready for dSLR (ca. 2003), Minolta was done. I had hoped that when I got around to a dSLR, I'd be able to make use of my old lenses. That's actually how I ended up with Pentax. I had seen Pentax as comparable to Minolta in the film world (probably better), and appreciated that their philosophy was to maintain compatibility to all their lenses. I have no regrets.
08-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #99

First digital was a Nikon Coolpix 2500, basically a point and shoot 2mp. I had a lot of fun with it and got some pretty nice captures!

Last edited by JohannSMac; 08-15-2017 at 02:16 PM.
08-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Panasonic Lumix Point-and-shoot(Circa 2004), not sure which brand model because it's obsolete. I still have it and use it occasionally, but the shutter lag drives me crazy !
08-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My first digital camera is a Pentax k100D Super. I still have that workhorse and it is running just fine. There are times when holding this camera that I think they must have taken a mold of my right hand and fashioned it onto the camera. Most comfortable photo gear I have ever owned and operated. The 6.1 MP still renders some really awesome photos and I believe I will have it for some time to come.

Thanks for reading.

TT
08-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

First digital??

A Pentax K-10D with the battery grip.
08-10-2017, 03:56 AM   #103

I think my first digital camera was a media less compact of about 0.3MP. Not far of totally useless.
Around 2001 I upgraded to a 1.2MP DC1310 which used CF cards, much better but it still failed to inspire me photographically.
Several more compacts followed over the years till I finally got a K100d which allowed me to use my old film lenses & rekindled my love of photography.
08-10-2017, 04:02 AM   #104
Veteran Member

A Sony DSC-H2. I regret giving it away.

08-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Sony DSCP-32