Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

The Camera Store shoots cameras (with a K-3)

Here's a fun little video...

They shot cameras with a rifle, and used an automatic triggering system so their camera (a K-3) shot at exactly the right moment. Nice! Though a high speed video camera would have been even better IMHO.

05-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I bet he could've used catch-in-focus to get better results.
05-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would like to know how he gathered up all the shards to "recycle" them as he claimed. He was using an SKS rifle. Used by eastern bloc nations right after WWII. Now surpassed by the AK-47. At one time you could buy them surplus in the US for as cheap as $75. Then you could get a whole case of 1,000 rounds of surplus ammunition for another $125. In fact you could buy whole crates of the rifles if you wanted. Pretty reliable and I like shooting them a lot more that the AK-47 design things.

I find that taking a good shot with a rifle is a lot like taking a good shot with a camera. Take your time. Control you breathing. Stay calm etc. But sometimes you just want to break things. Then I take my 12 gauge shotgun and shoot sporting clays. Great stress reliever.
05-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I would like to know how he gathered up all the shards to "recycle" them as he claimed.
Given how much he complained about the wind on his hair, I bet the answer to that lies between "didn't" and "nope". Can't mess up the hair, y'know.