Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Patrick Gillin (@patrick_gillin) ? Instagram photos and videos

01-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #122
Veteran Member

i was wondering if there was any ways of posting an instgram picture on the forum ?

I tried, but with no succes so far !
01-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
i was wondering if there was any ways of posting an instgram picture on the forum ?

Unfortunately you cannot post a photo from Instagram to the forum.

I find a similar issue with Dropbox, I wish I could just post directly to the forum. Instead I edit in Lightroom, export to Dropbox, load the Dropbox image into Flickr, then use the BB code to post into the thread. It's sloppy but it works.
01-24-2017, 06:32 AM   #124
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KristyKristine Quote
My Instagram is KristyKristine - however ... I am looking for the best way to upload my 'real' photos from my computer...would love some opinions .... thanks!
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
you can download gramblr. It looks cheesy since they updated it, but you can upload photos and add hashtags through that. It's what I use, you can also schedule your posts, but it didn't work too well when I used it once. Also lightroom has a plug in, you can pay for it. Someone made it, not Lightroom.
Just make sure to export your files to 1080 on longest size.
There are a couple of apps that allow you to post to instagram from a computer, like Gramblr and the lightroom plugin mentioned above (neither work too well). However, it is against Instagram's Terms and Conditions to upload from any device that is not a mobile device and might result in your account getting blocked. Which actually happened to me with gramblr.

As others have already pointed out, instagram does allow you to access file hosts on your phone to upload. So you could use dropbox. With any mac os you can use the native photos app and sync it to your phone (not sure about android). If you use the flickr app you can also post your photos from there to instagram.

01-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #125

Photos: Gallery
I'm just getting back into the forums....but excited to be here again! @cliffself on the big IG!!!
01-26-2017, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can but it takes a few steps. Find the photo on instagram and view the source of that page (rt-click - view page source in Chrome). Search for jpg and the URL to the long filename with the .jpg extension is the image. Copy that and put in in a post between IMG tags and it will show up. You can also wrap that in URL= and add the link to the page.

Oh and my dog has her own instagram now, @lunagrams_
01-26-2017, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #127
Veteran Member

OoOoohhh... missed this thread. I wasn't too sold on Instagram until they removed the square photo only format. I'm on there as @kamekowalker

01-27-2017, 01:52 AM   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My instagram is redpit (Pit (@redpit) ? Instagram photos and videos)

I also just saw this thread! I always wnated to follow some Pentaxians, so I found some from here

When I have more time I will search the enitre thread

Last edited by redpit; 01-27-2017 at 02:01 AM.
01-27-2017, 02:51 AM - 2 Likes   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
You can but it takes a few steps. Find the photo on instagram and view the source of that page (rt-click - view page source in Chrome). Search for jpg and the URL to the long filename with the .jpg extension is the image. Copy that and put in in a post between IMG tags and it will show up. You can also wrap that in URL= and add the link to the page.
YEAH ! thanks ! Let's give it a try

Instagram

Clothilde in "Master and Commander, 8b" in Tasermiut fjord, Greenland.

now i have to find how to reduce the size of displayed image
01-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

now i have to find how to reduce the size of displayed image
That seems to be the challenge now. I think the forum software would have to be able to do it and I don't think it is.
01-27-2017, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Whats your Instagram?
What's "instagram"?
01-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PLC3 Quote
There are a couple of apps that allow you to post to instagram from a computer, like Gramblr and the lightroom plugin mentioned above (neither work too well). However, it is against Instagram's Terms and Conditions to upload from any device that is not a mobile device and might result in your account getting blocked. Which actually happened to me with gramblr.
Been using gramblr for probably close to 2 years and never been blocked. yes against TOC, but not a huge issue getting blocked.
01-30-2017, 12:10 AM   #133
Site Supporter

my Instagram handle

shortys_perspective
02-19-2017, 04:41 AM   #134
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
Been using gramblr for probably close to 2 years and never been blocked. yes against TOC, but not a huge issue getting blocked.
I've used it without issue until i tried the automatic uploader ... So the risk is just not worth it for me anymore
02-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #135

I use #pentax and #pentaxian hashtags when I post on instagram, from now I will use #PentaxForums also.

My instagram is @sergenuysal ( Sergen Uysal (@sergenuysal) ? Instagram photos and videos )

By the way, I use iCloud Photos and Google Drive to transfer photos from my PC to mobile phone. I edit my photos on Lightroom, then export them to iCloud Photos folder. It synchronizes all photos between my devices.

Last edited by suysal; 02-20-2017 at 06:34 AM.