Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2016, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #91
Veteran Member

@DAZ I hope that you will get a papparazzi that takes photos of you every 5 minutes and post them on facebook, when you are outside of your home - this means public places.

I for my person don't want to have any portrait taken in public. I don't want to be seen on facebook and other social media. I for my person are not of public interesst, like some politicans or artists.

05-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #92
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
@DAZ I hope that you will get a papparazzi that takes photos of you every 5 minutes and post them on facebook, when you are outside of your home - this means public places.
I could be wrong, but I get the distinct impression that I’m being wished ill will hear. I don’t understand why that would be as all I have done is provide information on how the world works.

If the problem revolves around how the world works for you may I kindly suggest you seek out professional help to make a change. This would seems more likely to produce a more productive outcome.

DAZ
05-21-2016, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #93
Veteran Member

And I'm painting some pictures to show you the problems.

The protection of the personality rights - especially the the right in my own image - is much more important than the rules you are writing down. My integrity is more important than a picture of a paparazzi - you can't call people like this photographers.

And I'm really lucky that I live in germany where the person is protected
05-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
I could be wrong, but I get the distinct impression that I’m being wished ill will hear. I don’t understand why that would be as all I have done is provide information on how the world works.
Daz I don't think joergens.mi meant you any real harm just maybe just some first hand experience about how the world works and maybe what it may feel like to experience it. I must say you gave a very eloquent dissertation on public places, privacy, anonymity, legality, how the world works, etc. etc. So in keeping with your spirit of educating us all. The word "hear' refers to the hearing of a sound. The word "here" refers to being in a certain place as in "I'm being wished ill will here" (that may be a dangling participle not 100% sure) . Also and I am not sure you are guilty of this (many people are these days) but just in case, please don't use "then" interchangeably with "than"

Last edited by MikeD; 05-21-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: na
05-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
And I'm painting some pictures to show you the problems.

The protection of the personality rights - especially the the right in my own image - is much more important than the rules you are writing down. My integrity is more important than a picture of a paparazzi - you can't call people like this photographers.

And I'm really lucky that I live in germany where the person is protected
If you have friends who are on Facebook and who have posted pictures that include you in them you may already be ID'd by Facebook whether you like it or not.
05-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #96
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
Daz I don't think joergens.mi meant you any real harm just maybe just some first hand experience about how the world works and maybe what it may feel like to experience it. I must say you gave a very eloquent dissertation on public places, privacy, anonymity, legality, how the world works, etc. etc. So in keeping with your spirit of education the word "hear' refers to the hearing of a sound. The word "here" refers to being in a certain place as in "I'm being wished ill will here" (that may be a dangling participle not 100% sure) . Also and I am not sure you are guilty of this (many people are these days) but just in case, please don't use "then" interchangeably with "than"
Thank you for the correction. I do know the difference but nonetheless you are correct and I was being unacceptably sloppy. Sorry and I’ll endeavor to do better in the future.

DAZ
05-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
If you have friends who are on Facebook and who have posted pictures that include you in them you may already be ID'd by Facebook whether you like it or not.
it doesn't need to be facebook...only a matter of time before it is tweaked and perfected and used for advertising (I was part of a company that was working on a tool to monitor what stores you went into to sell you advertising by wearing a small device, doing this with in store cameras is not a huge leap)

http://www.diyphotography.net/russian-app-lets-shoot-photos-strangers-identify-online/

but this post is going on all sorts of off topics

Last edited by Murfy; 05-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
05-27-2016, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #98
Loyal Site Supporter

Stumbled on this paper from the ACLU ... for what it's worth.
https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/photographers-what-do-if-you-are-stopp...ng-photographs
07-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
One of David's cameras was found at the lake. An unexpected catch: Woman finds Daily Press photographer's camera in Hesperia Lake Park two months after brutal attack - News - VVdailypress.com - Victorville, CA
07-15-2016, 03:53 AM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bakerking31 Quote
Who decides what?

I think the subject should decide if they want to be photographed.

In this case the photographer didn't get a release signed so the photo is useless to him as a professional which ostensibly is why he was there, so I don't see why he wouldn't delete the photo and move on if that's why he was there.
Always keep in mind BakerKing that if you went out in public you were probably photographed. Whether it was store security cameras, street-light mounted sidewalk cameras, DOT highway and toll-booth cameras, parking lot cameras, or someone's private security camera your image and perhaps even your voice were recorded. You have no choice in the matter other than to stay inside. Anyone imagining they are "protecting their privacy" by beating up a photog is fooling themselves.

In public there is zero expectation of privacy, which is good to remember as there is none. You were photographed and recorded, you can be sure of that.