Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Favorite photo sharing and critique service?

Hi all,

I am wondering what are your favorite services for photo sharing. Here is a list of websites I check every now and then for an inspiration or for educational purposes:

- 500px for landscapes

I think it's a bit of pop music of photographs. They are (relatively) easy to watch, everything is well executed technically, and they are nice images to look at. Occasionally, I find the pictures that make it to the top a bit uninspiring. The editors' selection is quite good (in my opinion), although they clearly like pictures in a few certain styles.

- onephoto.net for pictures with a bit more meaning
http://onephoto.net
This website is focused on wildlife, art photography and BW street photo. It's a bit low in volume these days, but it used to be a big outlet and the 'best of' archives have a lot of good photographs.
Unfortunately it is in Polish, so you may need a google translator.

- plfoto.com, another polish website which has a good editorial selection; also a bit low in volume
PLFOTO | internetowe forum fotograficzne

- La Noir Image
I believe this was founded by thephoblographer.com. A number of good BW photographs are featured

- I SHOT IT The Best Photo Competition
Usually looking through the winning entries, or through paid competitions.

- Leading Photos | Pixoto
Like 500px, but with the vibrancy setting at +95. They use a randomized pairwise comparison weighted with a number of votes, as opposed to pure vote weighing in 500px.

I always thought there is a lot of good stuff on flickr, but I think there is too much volume to go through everything, and found it not organized enough. Same for PPG.

I wonder what other good websites are out there.

Last edited by rrstuff; 05-17-2016 at 04:59 PM.
05-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

https://1x.com/
05-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xabolcs Quote
https://1x.com/
me too!
05-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like 500px, but the comments are basically a love fest, i.e no real critical comments. I am an architect, and part of the culture is to embrace real criticism. 500px has some incredibly talented photographers sharing their images, but I don't feel that the critiques meet the level of the images.

05-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xabolcs Quote
Thanks! 1x looks like good stuff, I will check it out.