Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
How did you find this?!

05-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Hmmm... Yes how did you come across that? I bought some retro dress patterns because I am a seamstress. I sewed 80% of my shirts, pants, dresses, and my children's clothes. .... I can reproduce that suit..... Any takers? Ha ha ha ha. I do not however plan on reproducing the camera handling.
05-29-2016, 01:38 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I could make you all laugh a little if I had a photo of me holding my K200D. I only have one arm, my left one. Any nobody I can find seems to make cameras with a shutter button on the left side. So I have basically cradle the bottom of the lens in my palm and trip the shutter with my middle finger coming up from the base of the camera. Looks kooky, for sure, but I still do OK even handholding shots with my 55-300 at 300mm.

Thank God that auto focus came about. Manual focusing with my Super Program I used for many years was a chore, but doable.
05-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fstopfanatic Quote
I could make you all laugh a little if I had a photo of me holding my K200D. I only have one arm, my left one. Any nobody I can find seems to make cameras with a shutter button on the left side. So I have basically cradle the bottom of the lens in my palm and trip the shutter with my middle finger coming up from the base of the camera. Looks kooky, for sure, but I still do OK even handholding shots with my 55-300 at 300mm.

Thank God that auto focus came about. Manual focusing with my Super Program I used for many years was a chore, but doable.
Just a thought - have you considered using an electronic cable release? You can tuck that into where you need it - perhaps even making a 3d printed grip like someone did here online - but make it to fit the electronic release.

05-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #20
Forum Member

Yes, I have thought that direction. But, to be honest, I'm quite comfortable shooting the way I've learned to do. I use a tripod at times, but not very often. I just bought a K-X off ebay with three lenses including a DA 55-300 ED. Included with the deal is a release which I will experiment with.
05-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Forget the camera check out that nice looking jacket in the second photo with a belt & epaulettes, I used to have one like that in the 70's in brown corduroy!

Phil.
You're a braver man than me. I won't admit to owning anything corduroy ever!
05-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #22
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

What a sensational story. I am ashamed to think I complain about the difficulty of holding the camera steady vertically.

I do hope you can get someone to take a photo of you doing this and share it with us.

05-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #23
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I won't admit to owning anything corduroy ever!

" Admitting " to it and " owning " it are the same thing Mark. Do you have any photographs of yourself in that beige corduroy Safari suit hanging in the back of your closet ???
05-29-2016, 08:35 PM - 3 Likes   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
What a sensational story. I am ashamed to think I complain about the difficulty of holding the camera steady vertically.

I do hope you can get someone to take a photo of you doing this and share it with us.

I found this one taken by my wife. Not the best view, but the general idea. Don't crucify me for being shot with a Fuji bridge camera. My wife loves the simplicity of her little Fuji.

Last edited by fstopfanatic; 07-27-2016 at 11:39 AM.
05-29-2016, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
" Admitting " to it and " owning " it are the same thing Mark. Do you have any photographs of yourself in that beige corduroy Safari suit hanging in the back of your closet ???
Hell no!
05-29-2016, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Somewhere there is a set of pictures of me wearing a POLYESTER leisure suit - I was about 12 and it was the height of fashion. I should burn those someday so that no one is subjected to them...

---------- Post added 05-29-16 at 11:42 PM ----------

I found this one taken by my wife. Not the best view, but the general idea. Don't crucify me for being shot with a Fuji bridge camera. My wife loves the simplicity of her little Fuji.
I can't imagine how you did it in the manual focus era. Wow. That is impressive. I can imagine if we got the release worked out then you'd have problems because the dual control wheels are also on the wrong side.
05-29-2016, 08:48 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Forum Member

My motto in life was you can't do it, if you don't try. Lord knows I tried lots of things most said I couldn't do. The only thing I ever really failed at was trying to tie my own shoes, of all things. Now we have Velcro, who needs shoe laces lol.
05-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My motto in life was you can't do it, if you don't try. Lord knows I tried lots of things most said I couldn't do. The only thing I ever really failed at was trying to tie my own shoes, of all things. Now we have Velcro, who needs shoe laces lol.
That's a great motto, one that I need to take to heart.
05-29-2016, 08:58 PM - 4 Likes   #29
Forum Member

Here are a couple shots I took last September in Yellowstone NP.

Last edited by fstopfanatic; 07-27-2016 at 11:39 AM.
05-29-2016, 09:34 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exacta made a fully lefthanded camera in the '50's, Left shutter, left wind lever. Heavier than a brick and very clumsy to use. Not because of the lefthandedness. Konica had an optional left side shutter release on the FT-1 model. Had a built-in motor drive as well. Easy to load with one hand. I set up several veterans with right side disabilities with that unit.