Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Good for you. Helping our veterans is/was a very noble gesture. I'm sure your efforts were greatly appreciated.

05-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The model forgot his glasses and is using the optical correction function on the viewfinder to read the fine print on something he's interested in buying.
05-30-2016, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fstopfanatic Quote
My motto in life was you can't do it, if you don't try. Lord knows I tried lots of things most said I couldn't do. The only thing I ever really failed at was trying to tie my own shoes, of all things. Now we have Velcro, who needs shoe laces lol.
My husband who has disabilities found your circumstances interesting. He used to be a journeyman machinist actually a little more accomplished than that even. He is legally blind now, and has other health problems. He said.... "You'd think a machinist/ mechanic/ engineer would of made a camera attachment for that by now." He was very surprised that no one has done it yet, and so am I. Having worked in home health many of my clients only had use of one arm or side more than the other.
05-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #34
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I found this one taken by my wife. Not the best view, but the general idea. Don't crucify me for being shot with a Fuji bridge camera. My wife loves the simplicity of her little Fuji.
My motto in life was you can't do it, if you don't try. Lord knows I tried lots of things most said I couldn't do. The only thing I ever really failed at was trying to tie my own shoes, of all things. Now we have Velcro, who needs shoe laces lol.
That's an inspirational story, @fstopfanatic.

I tried using my K-30 and 55-300 the way you do. I'm left-handed, so I had some advantage over most others. It wasn't the shutter button and focusing that was the hardest; it was things like taking off the lens cap, turning the mode dial, using the menu, 4-way controller and info screen, chimping/deleting, and of course holding the camera steady. Vertical mode defeated me. I'm full of admiration.

05-30-2016, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #35
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
All the things that you stated were hard to do are much easier to do when the camera is around your neck on a strap. Vertical is a bit harder for me also.

I first replied to this thread in an attempt to strike a little humor. But, inspiring others is always rewarding for myself.
05-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #36
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I first replied to this thread in an attempt to strike a little humor. But, inspiring others is always rewarding for myself.
Well you've done both.