Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Absolutely serious. Also have used q-tips and alcohol .Guess that scares you? Any way you go ahead and buy those sensor cleaning kits and i will stick to the q-tip method. As I have never had a problem yet/ Having said that I try to wet clean as little as possible, trying to sting to the blower and brush method or the sticky wand .
No, it doesn't scare me... we all have our preferred methods

06-26-2016, 07:28 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
No, it doesn't scare me... we all have our preferred methods
Good answer,it is true .It is also true cleaning the lens will make it preform better but you really need to resist cleaning to often.Cause the law of the average is every time you do you run the risk of scratching it ,and littlle by little micro scratches which you cant see which decreases contrast.
06-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Good answer,it is true .It is also true cleaning the lens will make it preform better but you really need to resist cleaning to often.Cause the law of the average is every time you do you run the risk of scratching it ,and littlle by little micro scratches which you cant see which decreases contrast.
When I sold cameras for a living the biggest cause of damage to equipment that I saw was cleaning.
06-29-2016, 02:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The bottom of your t shirt works well ... lol

06-29-2016, 02:29 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
When I sold cameras for a living the biggest cause of damage to equipment that I saw was cleaning.
I concur, I have a SMC-K 55mm f/1.8 that looks like someone used steel wool to clean the front element, at least I don't have to buy an 85mm f/2.2 soft lens anymore.
06-29-2016, 04:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And that means nothing if the base product is made from paper, which is made from wood. Which is what my professor meant when he told the whole class.
Was this a fairly recent class? We haven't always had micro-fiber cloths and the like. The standard for years was Kodak lintless lens tissues, which I believe was a paper-based tissue. It was the lens manufacurers' recommendation.
06-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #22
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Was this a fairly recent class? We haven't always had micro-fiber cloths and the like. The standard for years was Kodak lintless lens tissues, which I believe was a paper-based tissue. It was the lens manufacurers' recommendation.
kimwipes are the current industry standard, and they are made out of 100% virgin wood fiber. Kimberly Clark Professional | 34120 - Kimtech Wipes Competition

06-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
kimwipes are the current industry standard, and they are made out of 100% virgin wood fiber. Kimberly Clark Professional | 34120 - Kimtech Wipes Competition
I would certainly use them on my sensor and lens