Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 06:50 AM   #1

Where can I get free for commercial use Photos of Pentax K-70, other cameras & lenses

I am writing a few articles about photography on blogger.com & I need to use pictures of cameras & lenses. I need they to be free to use (I wont modifying them & will be giving full credit to the author) I dont have much problem with older well established cameras since they are available from wikimedia & flickr (using google search with label for reuse filter).
But I am not able to get free pictures of Pentax K-70 & K-S2 which are needed for my article which compares differences between K-70 & K-S2.

The reason I need it to be free for commercial use is that I an thinking of experimenting with adsense in future. I saw the official Pentax site policy & read that it's free for only non commercial use.

Is there any other way in which I can have access to pictures of K-70 & K-S2 and also other photography items from other brands??

06-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I would'nt worry about it to much. Are you sure your use is even commercial? I would just use product pictures from the pentax-ricoh site. If you need to get written persmission for every pic, it is impossible to blog or even run a website about photography.
06-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #3

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Pentax_K-S2

images from here are safe to use thanks to creative commons licensing

but good luck finding k-70 images, the cameras just to new and overshadowed by the k-1

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I would'nt worry about it to much. Are you sure your use is even commercial?
if a blog has advertisements or a shop its a bit of a gray area but you should be fine
06-25-2016, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
I am writing a few articles about photography on blogger.com & I need to use pictures of cameras & lenses. I need they to be free to use (I wont modifying them & will be giving full credit to the author) I dont have much problem with older well established cameras since they are available from wikimedia & flickr (using google search with label for reuse filter).
But I am not able to get free pictures of Pentax K-70 & K-S2 which are needed for my article which compares differences between K-70 & K-S2.

The reason I need it to be free for commercial use is that I an thinking of experimenting with adsense in future. I saw the official Pentax site policy & read that it's free for only non commercial use.

Is there any other way in which I can have access to pictures of K-70 & K-S2 and also other photography items from other brands??
Simple: send an e-mail to ricoh asking for permission, which will most likely be granted since you're technically promoting their products.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: