Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Thanks for that, and no apology necessary; it's all good. I did try to leave the purely photography-related content intact within the thread, as far as possible
Hi Mike,

I did try to drag the thread back to photography (albeit somewhat half heartedly) :-), who would have thought that pictures of old railway wagons could be political, but I suppose they are. :-)

Back to the thread.......

We do seem to pay more for Pentax stuff here in the UK than in North America. I just purchased a new full frame 18-105, the best price I could find in the UK was £549 ($728) whilst Amazon US has it listed at $499, I ended up buying it direct from Ricoh EU in Germany for £521 ($691) with my 10% birthday discount (thanks Ricoh). So from this side of the pond I would say that the chances of bargains from here because of the depreciating GBP are unlikely.

On the matter of us in the UK buying stuff cheaply from the US I have heard so many horror stories of delay, damage, warranty problems and punitive customs charges that I don't do it. One advantage we do have over in Europe is that our standard warranty is two years not one, so I suppose that helps offset the extra cost a little.

Nick

Last edited by Nickrs; 07-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.
07-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #17
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nickrs Quote
I did try to drag the thread back to photography (albeit somewhat half heartedly) :-), who would have thought that pictures of old railway wagons could be political, but I suppose they are. :-)
No worries, Nick The photos only really made sense in the context of the text I needed to remove, hence I deleted that whole post; in isolation, though, they were absolutely fine.
07-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
Note:

In this weeks Amateur Photographer there is an article about the probably rise (20+%) in the next few months of camera and lens prices in the UK due to the weakness of the GBP against the Japanese Yen (and most other currencies) following the BREXIT vote, if you are lusting after a new lens or a K1 then perhaps now would be a good time to smash the piggy bank or raid the housekeeping. :-)

Nick