Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm getting paid to shoot cars again...

I'm back to shooting for the auction again, but instead of being a freelancer shooting cows and tractors, I'm on the payroll shooting cars. It isn't quite what I would call "professional photography", but I'm photographing and getting paid for it. My very first photography gig was shooting for the St. Louis Auto Trader in the late 1980's with my K1000. They would give me a roll of film and then call me a few times a week to send me out to shoot a vehicle when someone wanted to place an ad. When I dropped off the roll, I would get $25 and another roll of film. Now I'm a full-time car shooter. If you have to do something, it might as well be something you love.

06-30-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Really, Congratulation!
06-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes please

Ummm, I like my camera, I like making photos, and I like cars....HELLO DREAM JOB!!!!
06-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
It isn't quite what I would call "professional photography", but I'm photographing and getting paid for it
Professional photography covers many types of subject and for many purposes, and in my view, what you're doing is very definitely professional photography. Congratulations!!

06-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
It isn't quite what I would call "professional photography", but I'm photographing and getting paid for it
Professional photography covers many types of subject and for many purposes, and in my view, what you're doing is very definitely professional photography. Congratulations!!

Oh, and nice company car!
07-01-2016, 12:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Go for it, as others have already written, a dream job. Beyond the corporate requirements there is great scope for developing your skills and a personal style. Today, used cars in the back lots, tomorrow ???
07-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #7
smf
Pentaxian

Add me to the list offering congrtulations and best wishes!
Stu
A car guy in Michigan