Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Right now, I'm using three bags, but the caveat is that I usually don't carry all that much "stuff" with me.

#1, for one camera/one lens is this Case Logic bag.
#2, for one camera plus one or two extra lenses, I use a Lowepro Nova 2 that I bought years ago and is no longer in production. I can also fit one DSLR and one film SLR inside, if the lenses are small although the K-1 is borderline too big to allow this.
#3 for one camera plus 2+ lenses, or two cameras plus 2 extra lenses and a laptop, I use this Tenba bag (I think... this one looks bigger than mine).

I also have a few others for when I'm carrying a LOT of gear.

I also use these OpTech dual lens caps to easily carry two lenses in one slot.

Last edited by jcdoss; 07-08-2016 at 04:26 PM.
07-08-2016, 03:01 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Did anybody ever find their 'perfect' camerabag?
There is no such thing.
Camera bags only come in two sizes. Too big and too small.
07-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #33
mee
Veteran Member

I use a Case Logic sling bag I got off of amazon and it is fantastic for my needs. Easy to access when I need the camera and the bag slides around to my back when I'm hiking and don't need it. Holds camera, 2 medium sized zooms (16-50 and either the 55-300 or 50-135), a flash, as well as some filters and a lenspen.
07-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I have two mesenger bag, the OnaBag Union Street, its a very nice fit for the k3 (un-gripped), a tamron 70-200 and a few primes like the 31mm and the 43mm plus an Ipad or a very slim notebook like the dell xps13, the other one is a Everyday Carry of Peak Design, i can make fit the K1 gripped, (or ungripped with a small prime like the 43mm), the Dfa*70-200, and a extra space for another lens, a tamron 28-75 or (i hope) a 15mm lens, the 28-105 possibly fit there) both bags with the Laptop Charger, one external SSD Drive, SD Card storage mouse and headphones (smaller size).

I use the OnaBag in regular basis as is less "see me!!" design, but is less padded, i can only put at my side.. The PeakDesign have a weird design that the bag rest in the lower back not at your side, is more comfortable in medium lenght as it have a belt i can use it in a bike, im looking for a backpack for short hicking and street, and maybe i buy the brevite backpack, its seem ok for the camera and 2 lenses.

07-09-2016, 01:15 AM   #35

I have a k50, the kit 18-55, all the extras (blower, extra batteries, etc.), And there is plenty if room for an extra lens or two. I love my bag. Kattee Men's Canvas Cow Leather DSLR SLR Vintage Camera Shoulder Messenger Bag Army Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y2I33J6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EblGxb56QQTYJ
07-09-2016, 03:38 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrAtClIF Quote
I have a k50, the kit 18-55, all the extras (blower, extra batteries, etc.), And there is plenty if room for an extra lens or two. I love my bag. Kattee Men's Canvas Cow Leather DSLR SLR Vintage Camera Shoulder Messenger Bag Army Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y2I33J6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EblGxb56QQTYJ
I would purchase that bag for the coolness factor alone. I also like that the buckle straps snap shut instead of having to thread shut. I have about 10 bags already myself. Bag envy strikes again
07-09-2016, 07:32 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Right now, I'm using three bags...

#1, Case Logic bag.
#2, Lowepro Nova 2
#3 Tenba bag
One thing I don't have and would like to acquire is the means to carry my M400/5.6 around. Looking for a lens case or a large holster that will hold the lens + body attached. Suggestions welcome!

07-09-2016, 07:46 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
One thing I don't have and would like to acquire is the means to carry my M400/5.6 around. Looking for a lens case or a large holster that will hold the lens + body attached. Suggestions welcome!
Here you go!

07-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I know I need something small, my camera with a lens, and an additional lens (maybe two) is all I ever take with me. And I prefer the messenger style bag over any other type.
I have two camera systems and seven bags. My usual day bag meets your requirements, the LowePro Event Messenger 150. There are a few standard kits that I choose from, depending on what I'm doing:
  • K-3, Sigma 17-50, DA 55-300mm and FA 35mm
  • K-3, DA 18-135mm, DA 55-300mm, DA 15mm Ltd, FA 35mm
  • For landscapes: K-3 with Sigma 17-50mm mounted, Sony a6000 with Zeiss Touit 12mm mounted, D FA 100mm macro
I carry all of these lenses with their proper hoods attached. Whichever lens I'm shooting with has the hood mounted forward, in shooting position. I can even substitute my DA*300 or Tamron 70-200 for the DA 55-300 unmounted, but the bag gets heavy. I can substitute a flash for one lens. It will not fit a gripped DSLR.

The packed bag has room for accessories (filters, spare batteries, remote, cleaning cloths, USB and card, bear-proofing etc). There are interior and exterior compartments for a tablet or file folders. There are stretchy external pouches on each end that I use for a water bottle or phone and mini-tripod. There are loops on the exterior to hang keys or hand sanitizer. The cover flap has both silent Velcro fasteners and a clip, for easy access or secure closure. The shoulder strap has a grippy sliding pad. The bag is extremely well thought out and ruggedly made. All this technology, and for only $35. If the material were softer I would call it the perfect messenger bag.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840041-REG/Lowepro_LP36415_0WW_Event_M...r_150_For.html

In case you're wondering about bear-proofing, there are a lot of black bears in this area and I often hike in the woods. I carry a lighter and fire crackers and an aerosol can of dog spray in my bag. Sometimes I carry bear spray on a belt loop.

Last edited by audiobomber; 07-09-2016 at 07:59 AM.
07-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I carry a lighter and fire crackers
I would choose this over spray any day.
07-09-2016, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

I am to camera bags what Imelda Marcos was to shoes. Still haven't found the ideal bag. Got a couple of Lowepro and a few Domke (F1X, F6 Bit Smaller and F9). Whilst the Domke look good, they're not that practical and those clips are terrible, actually painful to use. Lowepro offer the best protection, most comfort and I really like their lens cases. Lowepro Magnum series is likely the most practical.

The bag I'm really after's the Ona Brixton. Just gorgeous, but you can't get much in it.

https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-brixton.html?color=antique-cognac
07-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #42
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

oh, if we're gonna show the bags we want vs what we have...

HoldFast Gear Roamographer Camera Bag (Brown, Regular) RCB01-BR
07-10-2016, 04:31 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Oh that's just filthy lovely!
07-10-2016, 05:11 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And sadly, a bag that doesn't scream EXPENSIVE CAMERA EQUIPMENT is a must in my part of the world.
I think the leather bags are gorgeous too, but they don't fit the OP's requirements.
07-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Wow. The Louis Vuitton of camera bags! Must resist..........

I've got the Billingham Hadley Pro and this thing puts it to shame. Price included.