Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 03:21 AM   #16

Us Kiwis tend to take our backyard for granted and would travel abroad at every opportunity, Oz and Asia being our most favourite destinations.

07-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ah we are all guilty of that. The other is always structured as exotic.

I haven't seen the great barrier reef.
07-11-2016, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
Ah we are all guilty of that. The other is always structured as exotic.

I haven't seen the great barrier reef.
....or Ayer's rock, or Perth, or Broome, or Cairns...
07-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes there are a few things on my list also. :s

07-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #20
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Though I'm not an avid hiker it has been a dream of mine to walk the Milford Track. Damn you National Geographic!
Milford is great, but it's rather busy and the route is up up up, then down down down. I enjoyed Routeburn and Hollyford tracks more. Each has superb guided walks available.

Notice the Kiwis are mostly keeping quiet in this thread? I'm tipping that they have lots of secrets that they prefer to keep to themselves.
07-11-2016, 11:25 PM - 1 Like   #21

QuoteQuote:
Notice the Kiwis are mostly keeping quiet in this thread? I'm tipping that they have lots of secrets that they prefer to keep to themselves.
We hope that by not posting, this thread will fade away and all you foreigners (especially aussies) won't be encouraged to come here and we can keep the place to ourselves.
07-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah nice try. To late! The word is out!

EVERYONE! LETS GO TO NZ! :P

07-12-2016, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #23
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Milford is great, but it's rather busy and the route is up up up, then down down down. I enjoyed Routeburn and Hollyford tracks more. Each has superb guided walks available.

Sad thing is that even though I am an avid Kiwi hiker the Milford is not on my bucket list because the the overcrowding on it by the rest of the world. You have to book months in advance and so go regardless of weather. There is another place- Blue lake back country behind the Nelson lakes and several days walk to get to. It is apparently the worlds clearest lake. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lake_(Tasman) . It has been marketed overseas more than here in NZ - most Kiwis don't know of it. A small body of water so easily ruined and all the marketeers can think of is get as many people to it as possible.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/43-travel-events-groups/31312...p0177shddb.jpg
Ngaruhoe from Oturere hut at Dawn
07-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
It's because we want all the pies